Bring back arachnogenesis.

Arthur_Dayne

This is the viral symptom that makes you spew spiders from your face, I'm pretty sure.

AFAIK it was never removed, only broken like most of Virology's symptoms.

For those unaware:

Arachnogenesis is the name of an old Stage 4 virus symptom that has since been commented out. In short, it caused people to vomit up live spiderlings, varying from one every few seconds to one every second (or more in rare cases). Usually when viruses got to this point, everyone would be infected and you'd have dozens of people vomiting probably dozens of spiders before the spiders grow and kill everyone. At that point, there's too many for security to handle, and eventually the station will succumb to the spider infestation.

One round I recall is where it got so bad that the server could barely run with all the spiders, spiderlings, eggs, and webs. An ERT was called and murdered by the spiders. The Deathsquad was called, and murdered by the spiders. Another ERT was sent along with a Syndicate Strike Team. I think the two ultimately worked together for a bit against the common arachnid enemy before the server crashed.

In short, Arachnogenesis is a round ending symptom that's kind of gimmicky and amusing for a couple rounds before the "spiders, every round" gets old and boring and complete unfun. As such, this "suggestion" seems a bit more shitposty than serious.

For those unaware:

Arachnogenesis is the name of an old Stage 4 virus symptom that has since been commented out. In short, it caused people to vomit up live spiderlings, varying from one every few seconds to one every second (or more in rare cases). Usually when viruses got to this point, everyone would be infected and you'd have dozens of people vomiting probably dozens of spiders before the spiders grow and kill everyone. At that point, there's too many for security to handle, and eventually the station will succumb to the spider infestation.

One round I recall is where it got so bad that the server could barely run with all the spiders, spiderlings, eggs, and webs. An ERT was called and murdered by the spiders. The Deathsquad was called, and murdered by the spiders. Another ERT was sent along with a Syndicate Strike Team. I think the two ultimately worked together for a bit against the common arachnid enemy before the server crashed.

In short, Arachnogenesis is a round ending symptom that's kind of gimmicky and amusing for a couple rounds before the "spiders, every round" gets old and boring and complete unfun. As such, this "suggestion" seems a bit more shitposty than serious.

I just wanted to say that this suggestion isn't entirely shitpost. This symptom did actually really entertain me, even if it was completely overboard while it was still in the game. With a significant nerf, it could prove to be p cool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use