Objectives in Nations

SkyPing

Each nation leader gets a set of objectives, just like a traitor or other antag.

Not sure what those objectives would entail.

Might give the game mode a bit more structure.

Feel free to bash on the idea, I literally just thought of it about 2 minutes ago.

The idea of the current nations is to encourage roleplay and trading amongst all the departments, with the occasional conflict/ fight.

This, however, immediately goes wrong because everyone just went "WHOO IMMEDIATE PASS TO MURDER EVERYONE WHOO FUCK ROLEPLAY WHOO".

If anything my ultimate goal in nations is to eliminate sciencetopia. Maybe make have atleast 50%-75% of a nations population be dead as a potential objective

Jesus, Issac, I spent a whole round of nations as Captain trying to talk you down from scientopia/Vulp genocide the other day.

I do like this notion of objectives, however.

What if, 30 minutes after roundstart, every head got a fax from a non-NT corporation. "We understand you have a situation and we're willing to rescue you if you do something for us. We have several requests but have sent the requests we want from each department to their appropriate head..."

...but instead of that happening, i.e the RD getting Science's request, they might get Security's. Everyone gets a random fax. All of the faxes together need to be fulfilled which will unlock a shuttle call home. This would require every department to work together. Maybe the faxes get redistributed every 15 minutes thereafter in case one department doesn't want to play ball, there's a chance a peaceful department might get their list.

But how to code this? Or what the requests might be? That is the tough part, I think.

The idea of the current nations is to encourage roleplay and trading amongst all the departments, with the occasional conflict/ fight.

This, however, immediately goes wrong because everyone just went "WHOO IMMEDIATE PASS TO MURDER EVERYONE WHOO FUCK ROLEPLAY WHOO".

There's no context set, there's no reason to be hostile with any of the "nations" other than a desire to robust someone. Sure you get that message at the beginning, but it's seemingly forgotten about when the "totally not NT command anymore" can call/recall the shuttle, and the round ends as if it were extended.

What if, 30 minutes after roundstart, every head got a fax from a non-NT corporation. "We understand you have a situation and we're willing to rescue you if you do something for us. We have several requests but have sent the requests we want from each department to their appropriate head..."

...but instead of that happening, i.e the RD getting Science's request, they might get Security's. Everyone gets a random fax. All of the faxes together need to be fulfilled which will unlock a shuttle call home. This would require every department to work together. Maybe the faxes get redistributed every 15 minutes thereafter in case one department doesn't want to play ball, there's a chance a peaceful department might get their list.

That's basically where I was getting at. Right now the game mode sort of just says "Ayo, we're leaving you kids alone, have fun." If people were more inclined to kill at random, this might be more exciting.

But save the random one or two greytides that go on a rampage, not much seems to...HAPPEN. Everyone tends to play a character that is somewhat sane, so things tend to work out like a standard extended shift.

I'm not exactly sure what's happening with the nation rounds NOW though, mostly cause I tend to just cryo out of them when I see they're in progress.

I'm not exactly sure what's happening with the nation rounds NOW though, mostly cause I tend to just cryo out of them when I see they're in progress.

You get arrested without doing anything wrong. Your infraction is "Association with Terrorist Organization". I speak from experience.

Although maybe looking for supplies to defend myself in my little librarian's personal study might have been a little suspicious...

Also wearing a gas mask.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use