Port Bay's Assembly System (Whenever it's done!)

fludd12

This. Is. Amazing.

What is it? (For those who can't visit the wiki page...?)

It's a complete overhaul of our current assembly system (the thing that's created when you unscrew an igniter and a timer and shove 'em together).

Among other things, this will allow for stationary health scanners that automatically heal people from a limited supply of chemicals, automated announcement systems, custom screen displays, or attachable assemblies that can do any of the above and more.

The devices can be painted to look like other items, too!

The PR on bay hasn't been made yet, but when it does, we really should look into getting paradise compatible with it!

[spoiler2]And if someone (maybe me if I ever move beyond changing single lines of examine code) adds attaching signallers to computers and other machines, we'll be able to make some REALLY intricate contraptions :3[/spoiler2]

Thoughts?

This does look pretty cool, and I'd love for it to happen. In fact, people have been tossing around the suggestion for what to do with Xenoarchaeology for a while and I've said it should be converted to a newer, larger test lab. This assembly system, in my opinion, is complex enough to warrant a unique and isolated testing facility under the science division. Even if a new test lab doesn't happen because "science 2 stronk" (although I agree), I'd still be glad to see this system implemented.

Someone is a goon player.

some of these are literally implementations of Goon's mechanic system (not the scan+generate, but the components).

'S what I was gonna say.

And I love them for this, that's one of my favorite mechanics from Goonstation and if it's ported over even half decently, that'd be amazing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use