Should synthflesh slow/stop IB in place of styptic powder?

Crazylemon

So, right now, IB is hard to stop, without actual surgery - the one reagent that moderates its effect, styptic powder, depletes too quickly to be a reasonable answer or even form of triage. So, should I tweak things so that synthflesh does that instead? Synthflesh depletes at a rate of .4 per tick, in place of the 3 per tick of styptic, so that way there should be some way to administer primary care without being at the end of your rope.

I would say yes but for a different reason than what you've listed.

I see Styptic Powder as being a low-tier medicine. Synthflesh takes a few additional steps to make and so should be more effective, including having the ability to slow or stop internal bleeding.

Slow? Maybe

Stop? No, i'd rather not have chemicals be the answer to everything, keep the game a bit of a challenge, make the difference of good and great doctors differ.

I say no, IB should remain a serious condition, BUT!

Quick clot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbMpMdEqRs

This should slow it, not stop it, and moving or being dragged around with it applied should null it's effect (something like a 30% chance of it falling out of place for each step maybe?)

It'd also need to be removed for surgery, I'm thinking hemostat to pull it out.

Eh, one way or another, it's borrowed time. .4 units deplete every 2 seconds, 20 units (max from a 40u patch) will last you 1 minute, 40 seconds. A pill, of 50u, will give you 4 1/6 minutes of slowing, but at that point you're wasting resources.

You can already counteract the effects of IB's by using a combination of two chems.

1 - Perfluo will generally buy you enough time to perform surgery by halting oxyloss.

2 - Iron will buy you time by replenishing blood as it's lost, and combined with an IV works quickly enough to fully counteract IB's (and buy you even more time).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use