Different antag preference selections for Nuke Ops.

Scrat

To copy paste from my ingame message.

OOC: Scrat505: Like, I STRONGLY believe there should be 2 different antag prefs for Nukeops and Nukeops Commander. 99% of commanders arent fit for their role and hand it down to someone else, or worse, KEEP their role and fuck it all up.

What do you guys think? How easy would this be to do?

Not to downplay the suggestion, because I support it, but if you roll leader, you are in no way obligated to lead the team if someone else on the team feels they can lead it better. You just gotta toss your ID to another operative and let them take the reins.

But at the same time, you could outright prevent the scenario of unsure leaders handing their ID over by making them two separate preferences.. depending on how easy this is of course. If it's a hassle to code it may not be worth it.

I can potentially see an issue where a group of people don't have prefs enabled for commander, but have prefs for nukies and the round type isn't selected because there's no eligible players for commander.

Otherwise I support this.

if nukeops round, rng select a player from a list of people who have both nuke ops and ops commander on

else, select from a list of people who have only op on

else, select different round type

however that works

Why?

If you roll for it and don't want it, it's as easy as passing off your ID to someone else (this is even an in-game suggestion).

It's not going to stop blatantly horrible leaders because, those are the kind of individuals who are just going to tick every single antag pref anyway.

And those who just enjoy running nukies will check it because it increases their chance to be nuke op (even if they may not want to explicitly be leader).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use