Make more tator implants show up on body scanner

FlattestGuitar

Not sure if I'm right, but as far as I've seen not a single type of a syndie implant shows up on the body scanner. Almost every single traitor round I see security rush someone to medbay, scan them and release them because nothing shows up. It's advanced 26th century tech, it should at least show it as 'sum weird stuff' rather than assure everyone that there's nothing there.

Just make implants detectable. I don't want to have to cut everyone open just to check if there's anything there, especially that the implant could be in ELEVEN DIFFERENT PLACES. Even right now, in 21st century it's possible to spot a small chip in someone's brain using MRI or something. Pls.

Almost every single traitor round I see security rush someone to medbay, scan them ...

And people said it wasn't ever used to traitor check...

Fox's tweak has put all implants in the torso; You don't need to check each and every limb.

Implants are contained in generic "mob contents", but the surgery to remove them only works when targetting the chest, specifically.

Almost every single traitor round I see security rush someone to medbay, scan them ...

To be fair I think it was the PR that made people start this.

To be fair I think it was the PR that made people start this.

I can verify that in my entire playtime in medical (and I've logged a considerable amount of hours over the course of a year) I've only ever had 5-6 people checked in the adv scanners for implants, and it was when there was high suspicion the person was mindslaved.

A lot of times the scanner is just an 'AI Open!' away from access, so most likely nobody will ask a doctor for help.

That said, if the implant is only contained in the torso then it's not that hard to check for it. I guess we'd have to have some wiki page for dealing with antags and include this one there.

I'm still wholly against having traitor implants show up - security should never have any reason to believe you've got an implant unless they've found an implanter with your prints (in which case it warrants removal and checking isn't really required) or unless you're using it in plain view.

This just allows for traitor checking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use