Competing Corporations

Shadeykins

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Com ... rporations

So I just found this lovely little page, which isn't linked anywhere.

Subsequently I've added little appends to both the NT page and Syndicate page that both link this page (and cross-reference their own pages).

"The Syndicate is a terrorist group as defined under Space Law. They have branches in most forms of operations, and consist mainly of either one-time workers or those in debt to the Syndicate. The current 'head' of the Syndicate is not known, but intelligence has suggested that the group is run by a select group of 'boardroom executives', in a way a regular company may be. It often receives funding from corporations that are in direct competition with NanoTrasen."

And..

"Despite it's stranglehold in the technological sector there are many companies still in competition with NanoTrasen, such as the well-known Syndicate and many smaller corporations specializing in a variety of consumer products."

I'm also deliberating on whether or not to add in some extra detail on the competing corporations, namely by drawing up a few other names from the pool of possible Nuke-Ops titles.

Thoughts?

Thanks to an RP that's been going on between me and a couple of other players we've kind of been coming up with our own little piece of lore regarding pAI cards and the company that creates and maintains the personalities that you can download onto them. Here's a little blurb about the company, it's products, and it's foundation.

Personali-Tech - Making Technology Personal!

Personali-Tech is the leading manufacturer of pAI and PDA technology. From R.O.B.U.S.T. to Med-U, there's a cartridge for you!

Corporation History - Personali-Tech, or PTech, grew out of the handheld technology boom of the 21st century. Companies like Microcosm, Sang-Chung, and CrabApple fought for market share, each company pushing out newer and mildly better handheld devices each year in an effort to outdo their competitors. During a technology conference in mid-2177 several engineers from each company got together, pooled their resources, and founded Personali-Tech. Their first handheld device, a predecessor to today's pAI cards, caused quite a stir in the market. For the first time a company had produced a durable, user-friendly, fully functional AI companion called the PTech Alva One. The Alva AI was quite simple compared to full-sized AIs. Conversation topics were generally limited to noteworthy events of the last week or so. Still, the Alva AI functioned near flawlessly when asked to perform tasks for the user, and many users even reported that over time their Alva seemed to gain a distinct personality which reflected the mannerisms of the individual user.

Over the next several years new versions of the Alva were released: the confusingly named Alva Too, the utilitarian Alpha AI, and the Alva Plus One which allowed users to select several different voice options for Alva. Competing companies began to follow suit with personal AIs of their own but none could quite duplicate the success of PTech.

Personali-Tech ventured into PDA territory, creating a module that would allow for a pAI card to be inserted into the PDA. PTech also began to branch out into the cartridge market, hiring experts from many fields to develop some of the most useful and detailed cartridges ever seen.

Modern Day - PTech has entered a trade agreement with Ward-Takahashi GMB. WT supplies the hardware while PTech handles the software and handles advertising of all personal electronic devices. PDAs, cartridges, laptops, and pAI devices from PTech can be found on board numerous ships and stations across the galaxy.

On the NSS Cyberiad every employee of is equipped with a Thinktronic model PDA, one of PTech's most durable product lines. Cartridges are supplied for each department as well as spares in a vending machine placed in the Cargo lobby.

PTech also creates and manages the personalities available for download onto pAI devices. Recently they faced criticism the variety of personalities available has gotten somewhat stale. Since then they have managed to vastly improve the selection and range of personalities, though there has also been an uptick in the number of glitches and errors experienced by users of these "improved" personalities.

Ptech's competitors were quick to note that this sudden improvement was found to coincide with PTech's purchase of several shipments of MMI devices. Some people think this is an indicator that PTech is moving into the cyborg manufacturing market. Competitors have begun circulate sinister rumors about the company stealing brains from the recently deceased to upload as new personalities, but this is written off by a PTech spokesman as being "so cartoonishly evil that there's no way it could be true."

Oh, I used that page in order to figure out some backstory for Praxis!... Well shit, if I founded it, it must be linked SOMEWHERE. Probably in the maze of backstory lore?

Oh, I used that page in order to figure out some backstory for Praxis!... Well shit, if I founded it, it must be linked SOMEWHERE. Probably in the maze of backstory lore?

It's linked now, but wasn't at any given point in any of the lore pages.

Unless it's on an ominous, hidden guide of listings you must have found it through a search or a random page button (or it's somewhere I don't know of)

Either way, it's properly linked now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use