Additional Slime Aesthetic Choices

Garoon

Okay, basically the idea that's been poked at is the ability for slime people to take on aspects of non-human races. Stuff like tails (Tarjan, Vulp, Unathi), different species heads like Grey or Kidan, stuff like that. Basically, the ability to morph themselves into the appearance of another race, since they are pretty much amorphous blobs of goo.

And a sub-idea of the above, the ability to semi-polymorph in-game to give yourself a tail, or a different head, but not truly changing your identity.

I approve, it makes slimes at least 20% lewder.

This is literally the only use I see for this. Who wouldn't want an actual slime catgirl and not one with fake ears instead? Then again they'd have the tajaran head. Hmmm...

im pretty sure TG has a admin-only catgirl race, thats just a human with kitty ears superglued on.

i would also like for it to "branch" off, if you pick a unathi head, you get access to unathi hairstyles, or if its a human head, then you get human hairstyles.

And a sub-idea of the above, the ability to semi-polymorph in-game to give yourself a tail, or a different head, but not truly changing your identity.

how did i not notice this...

there is a "polymorph" [spoiler2]hehe, poly the mimick parrot[/spoiler2] mutation that copies people and a "morph" that lets you change your sex, hair, color, etc.

could get the slime people started with some hairstyles and body options and also give them the morph mutation at roundstart.

EDIT: i need to sleep ;-;

Not exactly certain how feasible this would be, given the amount of fuckery that is already involved when working with humanoid overlays. It would in all likelihood require some amount of restructuring of humanoid appearance code. Also, fun fact, slime people are actually all black-eyed baldies with an overlay on top of them.

For its current purpose, mob overlay code isn't absolutely horrible. If you wanted to have people be able to morph to look like different species, you'd have to restructure how species external organ overlays are handled, as at the current moment humanoid mobs get their set based on their species. You would also need a new slime overlay for the different species body parts (such giant Grey heads, tails, etc.), and would thus need sprites for those. This is largely due to the fact that mob overlays are broken up into arms, legs, a head, and a torso so that de-limbing can work. Slime people actually hijack this a bit because they're basically humans with a slime overlay layered on top.

For its current purpose, mob overlay code isn't absolutely horrible. If you wanted to have people be able to morph to look like different species, you'd have to restructure how species external organ overlays are handled, as at the current moment humanoid mobs get their set based on their species. You would also need a new slime overlay for the different species body parts (such giant Grey heads, tails, etc.), and would thus need sprites for those. This is largely due to the fact that mob overlays are broken up into arms, legs, a head, and a torso so that de-limbing can work. Slime people actually hijack this a bit because they're basically humans with a slime overlay layered on top.

Thanks DZD.

im also wondering whats up with slime people being able to have socks but not any other underwear

EDIT: if any kind of slime people morph w/ aesthetic choices gets implemented, make the morph cost nutrients.

Really cringey suggestion

Why not play an actually tailed/muzzled race?

First it's going to be people wanting unathi/vulpkanin/tajaran/gray/skrell heads and whatever tails, then it's going to be vox or whatever and become truly ridiculous as the entire body would have to be changed

I'm all for keeping slime people as amorphous human-shaped blobs, as the shape lacks any real complexity

and their closest relative found on station is little more than an actual blob

^ that.

Slime people are slime people, not slime vulpkanin/unathi/skrell/whatever.

If you want to play a race for it's aesthetics then just play the race, dude.

Maybe for badmin hax this could be looked into. Some transparent gray scale icons for mobs that could be used but not used in the code specifically. I'm in the field that it's not needed but wouldn't be uninteresting in the slightest

well, for the people opposed to this thread.

i for one, dont really need or want heads on my slimes, i was just trying to add more to the conversation.

i just want at least something.

Also, fun fact, slime people are actually all black-eyed baldies with an overlay on top of them.

slimes get 2 customization options, almost anything else gets 4-5 options

Why not play an actually tailed/muzzled race?
^ that.

Slime people are slime people, not slime vulpkanin/unathi/skrell/whatever.

If you want to play a race for it's aesthetics then just play the race, dude.

while slimes and catbeasts/dogbeasts/foxbeasts and cool robots have different aesthetics of their own...slime people almost have none at all in a way.

i really just want some basics, its obvious nobody is going to add a another race (that would be disastrous), and fleshing out the current ones would be way better.

TL;DR nothing wrong with at least some more options.

Would this not mess up hardsuits as well when we suddenly have slimes with differently shaped heads

i think we have already established that aesthetic option wouldnt be very....optimal.

in the unlikely event that would happen, they can just hit the morph button to swap to a head shape that fits.

Just going to re-iterate what a few others have already said here.

If you like Vulp/Taj/Unathi aesthetics, then play that race--this isn't something valid to be added to slime people as they're their own distinct (if a amorphous) race.

can i directly say i dont want the tails or heads anymore? or do you just want to keep telling me to play something else no matter what i say, when all i want at this point are basic options... oh wait...

brb, reviving a different thread with a autoinjector.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use