Autolathes Produce Toolbelts

CureZen

I'll be honest, I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement. But seriously, I've memorized where every single one is, because within two minutes any and all public access ones are gone. People guard them, even the ones they don't use, jealously. To my knowledge the only existing way to get more is for cargo to order them, which I don't even need to explain why that's annoying. (I'm quite certain that the QM exists only because they haven't implemented a button that says "no" when you press it yet) At least from an auto or proto I can go ask science. I don't believe this would be an issue for balancing but feel free to discuss it here. Just... Please? I'm tired of being arrested because I don't want to carry a weapon around everywhere.

You can grow plants and shove them into the plant thing in the public garden (You know, that first room with the plants you always see) or hydro then grind that up and print out one from there.

You can also skulk in maintenance if you feel lucky.

Not sure why a machine used to spit out hardware and tools would spit out a piece of clothing.

You can grow plants and shove them into the plant thing in the public garden (You know, that first room with the plants you always see) or hydro then grind that up and print out one from there.

You can also skulk in maintenance if you feel lucky.

Not sure why a machine used to spit out hardware and tools would spit out a piece of clothing.

The machine is so borked though. It costs a couple hundred biomass IIRC yet most plants i've shoved in there only give a single biomass.

Grow a wider variety of plants. Don't just grow one at a time. Try to manage all like 6 of them at once and you'll get a lot more biomass.

And some plants give out more mass IIRC.

Probably not the machine that's broken, it's the plants that are.

I managed to get a nice little wallet just by putting all the different seeds into the dirt and growing them and putting all of the first harvests into there.

If Hydro is doing their job and making a lot of plants they will most likely have more than the chef can handle and will have more than enough to spare for the biogenerator. If they're only making drugs then you can still expect them to have enough to grind up in there. You know, granted they aren't stoned enough to do so

The more likely to be implemented suggestion is "make more toolbelts available at fixed spawnpoints at roundstart."

I'd support an extra toolbelt in primary tool storage, wardrobe, secondary tool storage, cargo should really have one for every member of supply, also.

The bio generator (aka, that weird boxy machine in hydroponics and the public garden) is capable of producing almost every job belt.

Yep, that means:

Tool (utility) belts

Medical Belts

Security Belts

Janitor Belts

Hydroponics Belts

Bandoliers

Now, the cost may seem high at a first glance (300 each), but the bio-gen is actually upgradeable! Even a small upgrade drops the cost significantly!

Additionally, plants give an amount of biomass to the machine based on the amount of plant matter and nutriment reagents present in the inserted plants. This starts at 10 biomass per unit of either of those reagents, but is also increased by the upgrades of the machine.

It's possible any issues with the machine people have had regarding biomass values were from either from a while ago, or due to using poorly chosen plants (plants with lots of Chems or protein tend to be inefficient choices).

But again, even a single upgrade goes a long way with this machine.

Don't really need a tool belt when you have your starting box, really. It's only extra click yes but the only people who would need the tool belts usually start with plenty. Yes, this includes roboticists.

oh i but i like to hold my tools in one so i can put it all my tools in the BP in one slot that and still fit other crap in the BP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use