huh, a suggestion about greentext.

johannhawk

Sorry for the stupid thread title......altough there are admins that send the worst possible ERT if somebody does a stupid sounding ERT request during blob rounds...

Anyways, i propose that we should replace the super binary red/green text that most antags gets and have something more like the heist gamemode, or just a percentage.

individual and separate for every antag of course.

as far as the non-antag crew is concerned, we COULD have a another percentage and/or voxxy (major/minor/win/loss) that shows the overall objective completions that the antags as a whole did, along with the individual completions.

The issue is that for a lot of antags, their objectives are exactly that: binary. How would you incorporate a percentage rating for the objective to steal item x, or kill person y?

we kinda...dont.

while its a theoretical step in the right direction, somebody with 2 objectives can only get a range of 0%, 50% or 100%

here is a example of somebody with a steal item and escape objectives with this system.

---

Sure, you escaped the station but didnt steal that hypospray, but you get to live to serve the syndies a another day...eventually 50%

ok, you stole the hypospray and the round ended with it in your inventory and you are super dead to boot, at least the syndies will find your body quick enough to get the item, just like those "glorious death" objective antags. 50%

welp, you are super unrobust and didnt get anything done, 0%

yay, you did everything, 100%

---

theres also the "overall" thing.

All antags get half their objectives done by the end of the round.

overall marker thing says 50%

well, percentages in the overall thing should be more like vox heist or nuke ops win conditions except a bit longer and avoiding the words "win" or "lose", since in the end, its just a 2D spessman simulator.

again, the overall thing is optional and if its implemented, it will be alongside all the individual antags rating.

just realized most of my post didnt cater to your question...

EDIT: maybe have a higher than 100% thing where you use a emagged fax machine or comms console to message the syndies for more objectives, and push your rating over 100% if you pull it all off.

---

oh look, you did all your objectives plus the couple of extras, but you died and so on, well, syndie undercover agents are disposable anyways! 150%

A total rework of objectives would be nice.

As it is 50% of them don't even register if they're done (they're broken to hell right now), and some of them are literally impossible. "Steal the AI." or "Steal the brain of X" and then "Die a glorious death." are impossible objectives to complete when they're put together.

A similar discussion went on in this thread. I'm totally in favour of making the objectives more interesting (and as I said in the thread, killing yourself is a shit one) but I have no idea how to do it right, so I'll just tell people their ideas are bad.

Rumi REALLY doesnt want traitor rounds to be team based.

Traitors are basically 1 vs all of security. It must be fun being an underdog, eh?

You'd think space terrorism would be better coordinated.

well, they do have mindslave implants for 10 tc and syndie encryption keys for 2 tc.

the encryption key can also tune into sec channels and make things waaaay easier, or at least you will be prepared for the baton to the face.

i can only recall one round where me and some IPC had syndie keys and coordinated killing the CMO and extracting the brain, and then dumping the body in front of the bridge.

and i can recall a few rounds where i blew all my TC on mindslave implants and spending them all on some half-robust people.

Traitors are basically 1 vs all of security. It must be fun being an underdog, eh?

So here's a thought following on this. What if the objectives were team-based with point-values, you get points for what you actually do, and die a glorious death is always worth a small number of points - yes, I don't like the objective, but here's the catch: you can't bank any steal objective unless you survive and escape.

At the end of the round, the antags are ranked by score. This would encourage antags to work together, but then also encourage double-crosses near the end!

So here's a thought following on this. What if the objectives were team-based with point-values, you get points for what you actually do, and die a glorious death is always worth a small number of points - yes, I don't like the objective, but here's the catch: you can't bank any steal objective unless you survive and escape.

At the end of the round, the antags are ranked by score. This would encourage antags to work together, but then also encourage double-crosses near the end!

Could you rephrase that in more detail?

Basically what Alex is getting at is the completion of objectives counts towards a total score for all antagonists, and they're ranked in a leaderboards-type fashion.

At least that's what I think he's getting at.

Yes. All (same type) antags get an identical list of objectives. The objectives are awarded credit "bounties" that are supposedly paid out upon debrief.

Something like this:

"The Syndicate has contracted/conscripted you and an undisclosed number of other agents to infiltrate the NSS Cyberiad and accomplish objectives of urgent importance to us. You are expected to complete your mandate of 10,000 credits of service else the agreed-upon collateral we are holding to ensure your loyalty will be forfeited/enslaved/executed.

-Provide reconnaissance of the infrastructure aboard the NSS Cyberiad. Steal the Chief Engineer's blueprints. (6,000 credits)

-The NSS Cyberiad utilizes stolen Syndicate tecnology including the equipped self-destruct mechanism aboard, the nuclear fission explosive. Repay this insult by stealing the nuclear authentication disk. (7,000 credits)

-The Research Director is known to be in possession of advanced reactive teleporter armor. Steal it for the Syndicate. (5,500 credits)

-To assist the equipping of syndicate crews, steal a space suit and helmet (2,000 credits) (can be completed by multiple traitors but only once per traitor)

-Assassinate Jack Edwardson, the Quartermaster (4,500 credits this can be modified based on rank)

-Assassinate Gray Tidingson, the Assistant (3,000 credits)

-Assassinate Valthorne Haliber, the Captain (8,000 credits)

-Should you and other agents commandeer the escape shuttle and only Syndicate agents escape aboard it, each escaping agent will be each authorized a bounty of 5,000 credits. (appears in rotation)

-Should you die during your service to the Syndicate, you will be credited with providing 3,000 credits toward your mandate. (Applies every traitor round)

Only artifacts delivered to Syndicate HQ will award bounty payments. To ensure payment to you, escape wth the artifact on your person. Be advised the Syndicate assumes no responsibility for artifacts stolen from you by other agents. Trust others at your own risk."

I don't know how assassinate objectives can be split up to award for a specific person. Perhaps a far lower payment that all get. Between 1000 and 3000 credits based on rank. Since traitors can collaborate to accomplish or people can die on their own, this might be best.

Coding difficulty level: extreme?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use