Few months late on this

alexpkeaton

I just realized I've been playing SS13 for at least three months and never got around to an iintroduction. Typically I spend my time in the suggestions forum trying to suggest more work for the coders...

Seriously, I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to the admins and especially the coders. The responsiveness to bugs and server issues has just been fantastic, and I've never seen a hot-headed admin, even when the station is burning because of griefers. My stubborn self couldn't do that. So cheers, fellas!

My character I've played exclusively for 2.5 months or so is Jack Edwardson. I started out in mining, tried cargo tech and then found my niche with QM... and have since pressed my luck with command (Captain, sometimes HoP). I should just stay in supply but I get cabin fever in cargo sometimes.

I've had some fantastic rounds, especially an adminbus round where, as Captain, CC ordered me to marry a Queen, I assembled the heads, told CC no thanks and then sat in handcuffs in the chapel when Valthorne Haliber, my HoP, wed the queen. That was an awesome round. ElysianPrince, I think you were involved in that, and, if you're reading this, I'd love a sequel to that storyline sometime... Val and I tend to frequent similar shifts too.

Haven't played much at all since Christmas Eve, been on the road for 7 of the days since then. Much of my amusement has come from reddit or these forums, so thanks for the latter.

I've tried a couple other servers early on, but the look and feel of Paradise just isn't replicated anywhere else and other servers just feel foreign.

Hello everyone!

Good to see you. I think I recognize Jack Edwardson in a good way from your playing cap/head jobs.

I thought that whole "marry the queen" round was ridiculous, but glad you enjoyed it.

I think Jack Edwardson is the Captain who awarded Maxwell his very first medal for saving the HoP who teleported to the abandoned teleporter without a hardsuit on.

Keroman, I can't say that I can claim giving a medal away. I haven't given out any medals as Captain. I have, however, recommended someone for commendation in the forum threads. Since the medals in the case match the ones offered on the forum commendation screen, and the character profiles say "Commendations: (to be added by admins)" I've stayed away from handing out medals during a shift.

I don't think handing out a medal in game is necessarily the same thing, but what do I know. I've seen you a few times Jack, really enjoy rounds with you in charge. I've only been playing for a few months as well, but you're one of the least terrible heads I've seen. Don't see too much power tripping or hiding in your office while nuke ops bang on the door. (To clarify, that is an example to prove a point. I have not been a part of a nuke ops round with you as captain.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use