Super simple CMO suggestion

SomanB

Give the CMO a set of medihud sunglasses like the brig phys and Blueshield get.

Why?

The CMO starts with a flash in their locker, to hypothetically defend themselves against unruly patients and such. It's utterly useless, because nine times out of ten, the CMO is going to have a normal medihud on.

So, easy fix. Give them the medihud sunglasses. You'd figure the Medbay department head would have access to such an item anyway.

Then don't give them a flash.

Don't just leave people with stuff that they can't use.

It's not like giving them flashproof sunglasses will effect anything, though -- Security is shit and won't use flashes, and flashbangs will still stun them.

Doesn't the CE have sunglasses? Do you know all the shit CEs can get to be fucking invulnerable? Whileas the CMO basically just sits around in medical fixing people up? CEs can get a full set of tools, insulated gloves, a telebaton, god damn it. CMOs can get a telebaton and a circ saw, that's kinda it afaik

They've powered up enough as it is with the telebaton and such, making them flashproof as well is just gonna bring us a step closer to judge dread MD.

They're a Head of a Department.

And one who works in a medical wing that has a psychiatrist/handles Psychotic patients in a sector of space known to have syndicate operatives, changelings, vampires, blobs, Wizard Federation activities and so on. Baton and Flash is not that much when you consider that.

Then don't give them a flash.

This is like saying not to give the the bartender his shotgun because he doesn't have a full set of armor like security does. Having sunglasses or not doesn't impact his ability, at all, to use his own flash.

CMOs can get a telebaton and a circ saw, that's kinda it afaik

Implying the hypospray isn't one of the best close range combat tools in the game =p

You can flash people without wearing sunglasses with no detriment to yourself.

A CMO should not be in any situation whatsoever that requires flash protection.

I've been around for about a year and a half and in my time playing CMO (Which I'd reckon is in the range of 200 hours) I have never had someone flash me once. I have never, ever, ever required flash protection.

Greytiders don't have access to, and don't use flashes and flashes themselves aren't used by anyone beyond like.. Security. If you're getting flashed as the CMO, it means you've somehow sparked the ire of security.

The only person who has the adv health sunglasses to my knowledge is the Blueshield, and as the Blueshield occasionally has to deal with comdom HoS' that pose a security risk to other command members, it makes sense for him to have flash protection.

Flash protection for the CMO is a straight buff, and gives the CMO immunity to everything except for direct stuns... Something that's dangerous to even attempt on a kitted out CMO with anything but a disabler or a taser because of the hypospray.

tl;dr if it ain't broken don't fix it.

CMO's starter equipment is just fine.

Edited by Guest

I've been around for about a year and a half and in my time playing CMO (Which I'd reckon is in the range of 200 hours) I have never had someone flash me once. I have never, ever, ever required flash protection.

Greytiders don't have access to, and don't use flashes and flashes themselves aren't used by anyone beyond like.. Security. If you're getting flashed by the CMO, it means you've somehow sparked the ire of security.

The only person who has the adv health sunglasses to my knowledge is the Blueshield, and as the Blueshield occasionally has to deal with comdom HoS' that pose a security risk to other command members, it makes sense for him to have flash protection.

Flash protection for the CMO is a straight buff, and gives the CMO immunity to everything except for direct stuns... Something that's dangerous to even attempt on a kitted out CMO with anything but a disabler or a taser because of the hypospray.

This. I'd also like to add that the CMO also has access to a syringe gun--not to mention the authority to more or less force any doctor/chemist to hand one over even if someone else gets to them first.

This is one of my biggest irks about the RD and CE, right now, too--they have 'superior welding goggles' that offers full welding protection (and therefore flash as well) but don't limit visibility one bit---therefore, it's a complete upgrade for them and there's literally no reason to not wear them 24/7.

Greytiders don't have access to, and don't use flashes and flashes themselves aren't used by anyone beyond like.. Security. If you're getting flashed by the CMO, it means you've somehow sparked the ire of security.

This. I'd also like to add that the CMO also has access to a syringe gun--not to mention the authority to more or less force any doctor/chemist to hand one over even if someone else gets to them first.

This is one of my biggest irks about the RD and CE, right now, too--they have 'superior welding goggles' that offers full welding protection (and therefore flash as well) but don't limit visibility one bit---therefore, it's a complete upgrade for them and there's literally no reason to not wear them 24/7.

In the case of the CE, the superior welding goggles make sense as you (as a proper CE) do no small amount of welding.

I'm honestly unsure why the RD receives them, however.

Also, for clarification on my edit I meant flashed *as the CMO, not *by.

Since we're going down the syringe gun line....Give me a 15u chemical that will floor someone with a couple seconds, causes no damage, and is legal to carry.

Going down the guide to chem list, we have:

Ether: Nope, needs a LOT higher dose than 15u, works way too slow.

Morphine: Same as Ether.

Hydrocodone: Same, above.

Haloperidol: Maybe. Try getting chem to make it for you though.

Everything else falls under the narcotics category, or is poison. It may be different when other people play, but I'm pretty sure that me, as a normal player CMO, would get smacked hard for "Well he was being unruly so I shot him with (krokodil/sulfonol/neurotox/capulettium)"

And finally, RD can make better dart guns than medbay has, as well as make chems for it. And, we get back to the original point, they still have flash protection, so if we're doing "balance around antag", they're still way on top.

Capulettium or Capulettium Plus.

There's your instant stun drug, neither of which have adverse or overdoseable effects.

A syringe gun is also obvious, and requires aiming/being loaded.

A hypo is instant, does up to 30u, and gives no notice to anyone but the person injected.

You know how many people I've killed by hypo'ing them as a traitor CMO, and going "Oh! They went SSD." and dragging them off?

it's a lot

With a beaker in your opposite hand, you pretty much have instant reload/firing capability.

I remember when we still had Chlorate, you were basically a walking death machine.

Yes. You only need flash protection when you get disarmed like a sore loser and fail to pick it up first.

Flash is a non-lethal way of stopping fights. You pull it out to surprise the enemy who's beating you or running away.

The enemy likely won't disarm you instantly because switching intents takes time and fast reaction skills.

I usually use the flash when the assailant has a weapon of any kind and I need more time to analyze the situation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use