Limbs disabilities

Tauka Usanake

I want to say this is possible with the current code but it's also very niche to only those who will play it.

So sometimes you get wrecked badly but your limbs don't fly off. You sometimes end up with limbs that don't work. You can't us them. Better take a trip to Medbay or Robotics then but what those who start off with disabled limbs? What if you want to play as someone who is disabled from the waist down and needs to use a wheelchair? What if you want to be Oracle because the clown shot you? I'm guessing you could make a character without their legs but some people won't want that. The same could go for arms but disabled arms would most likely be replaced with working ones. You could have a sling that you keep your hand slot with no_drop in in but that would warrant a medical visit.

This mainly only works for the waist down disabled and would be a type of addition I'd like to see. I don't think we have anything like this, nor do I know what happens if someone spawns with a missing leg. Tell me what you think either way

When you spawn without a leg you get a cane, without any legs a wheelchair.

I would like having to use a wheelchair without having to be a double-amputee. Sure.

+1

Having limbs be disabled without being removed could also make for some more interesting injuries and incapacitations. Maybe also make it so that a limb can become disabled due to infection? That'd make infected wounds much more of a threat, rather than just feeling a bit off.

Extra idea: disabled limbs can't be fixed. They must be amputated and replaced if you want to use them again.

When you spawn without a leg you get a cane, without any legs a wheelchair.

I wasn't completely sure if that was the case. Thanks for saying.

Extra idea: disabled limbs can't be fixed. They must be amputated and replaced if you want to use them again.

Yes, good. However I can imagine issue if cloning is brought in. Can't be a genetic disability then for different reasons. How to implement it then becomes a problem

I want disabled limbs (and spawning with appropriate cane/wheelchair) just to be Dr. House or a generic anime Sick Girl archetype

I will not lie, but anime sick girl was what I was thinking for this as well as mentioned Oracle.

That'd make infected wounds much more of a threat, rather than just feeling a bit off.

Infections can kill you, and if you leave it untreated for too long, don't be surprised if medbay doesn't have enough spacealine to fix it (related:buff spacealine pls)

Infections can kill you, and if you leave it untreated for too long, don't be surprised if medbay doesn't have enough spacealine to fix it (related:buff spacealine pls)

I completely agree on the buff, I hate using an entire barrel of spacealine to just cure one person.

And in regards to limb disabilities, there should be an option to have your limbs disabled/broken upon working. Hence the need for a wheelchair or cane without actually missing your limbs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use