Malf AI changes

mikecari

One game mode that still stands out for me as being very unbalanced is malfunction. The main reason being that the only way to track a shunted AI is with the captain's pinpointer, of which there is only one of on the entire station. This means that if it ever gets misplaced or given to an SSD person, the crew has no way of winning at all.

If you ask me, it's hard enough for the crew to break into the satellite and kill the AI as it is, and shunting just seems like a cheap way to deny the crew a victory and play hide and seek rather than make the round interesting.

Perhaps new ways to track a shunted AI would make things more fair. Maybe the robotics console or even the communications console on the bridge would allow you to trace the AI's self-destruct code signal. That way the captain or command could then relay that information to engineering to destroy that specific APC.

I feel like shunting in general should really feel like a "last resort" move that really gimps the AI's power in return for a few final moments of safety, like if there's only 60 seconds left for the AI to trigger the self-destruct, rather than a super hard to find and cheap tactic that screws over everyone, even when the AI has over 10 minutes left to blow up station.

how to kill shunted AI. turn off ALL station power. ALL of it, cut solars, turn of all SMES on station.

then you see that fancy as shit shield generator in engineer secure storage, CRANK that shit up, eat all the power.

Shunted Ai's apc should be dead now, if its on station.

if its on station.

What about the mining/science/engineering outposts?

If hacking off-station APCs does not contribute to the timer, why would AI be able to shunt there?

No, I don't know if AI can do this, I'd like an answer too.

how to kill shunted AI. turn off ALL station power. ALL of it, cut solars, turn of all SMES on station.

then you see that fancy as shit shield generator in engineer secure storage, CRANK that shit up, eat all the power.

Too bad most engineers would be busy patching themselves up on the AI Minisat. Or ought to be.

That's quite a lot of steps - and you need access. Not saying it's not viable - it seems to be doable and effective. I am not presenting any argument in this paragraph.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use