mining airlock

Arenn

I would just really adore that one air canister in the western mining airlock to be removed. It serves no purpose I am aware of, and if its where the airlock refills from, that could easily be cut to the other canister about thirty feet away in that room with all the maintenance stuff in it that, if memory serves, does exist. It just gets in the way and on several occasions where i forget to open or move the emergency locker on the other side, i get pinned between my ore box, the window, the canister and the wall with literally no recourse because you cannot shift an item to a diagonal while pulling it unless the square opposite is empty in the direction you are moving.

Yep, I got stuck as a mining borg once. No fun. Maybe the airlock could be expanded with a little alcove for the canister? That way you have 4 full tiles in a square to move around.

Cycling that airlock is the biggest pain in the ass. I almost want tg's unbolted airlocks. Expanding it would be better.

That's boring and lame.

I like the feeling of it slowly depressurizing/ re pressurizing.

Plus, removing the cyclers would be plain unrealistic.

Oh, look! An airlock into space, which should be very fucking deadly. Let's make it easy to walk through!

You can always break the window if you get stuck.

However, it is horribly annoying. The canister can always be moved to the main corridor, or the maintenance room, which could be mapped in like ten minutes.

Plus, removing the cyclers would be plain unrealistic.

Oh, look! An airlock into space, which should be very fucking deadly. Let's make it easy to walk through!

Complaining about unrealistic airlocks when we have LINDA for atmos is about as far off target as you can get. When we had ZAS, I liked the airlocks, specially since a remote/devious use of one could launch people into space. Now there is basically no consequence for bolting both doors open the entire shift. I understand WHY the airlocks cycle and do what they do, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it or even consider it necessary.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use