Xenobiology and You!A Sans-sational guide to slime breeding!

Sans

Alright,first off,to prevent people having a bad time,safety is key.KEY.

Rule 1:If working alone,be sure your slimes are sufficiently well fed before entering the pens.

Rule 2:Always check your fire extinguisher,or your gonna have a bad time.

Rule 3:If possible,let medical know IMMEDIATELY if your fed on.Cellular damage is no joke.

Rule 4:Have fun!

Alright,to begin,lets get a breeding chart since the wiki seems to be lacking one.

Slime_geneology2.png

This'll give you a rough picture of what produces what,now onto a basic step by step guide to getting your first high-tier slimes.

Step 1:Grab a toolbox from the main lab,if you have any bionic parts the welding tool'll let you patch up basic damage till you get to medical,but your main item needed will be the wrench.

Step 2:Make your way back to Xenobiology,and quickly unwrench the processor,monkey recycler,and storage unit,move them close to the pens in your preferred setup.Wrench them into place.

Step 3:Grind your Plasma,deposit the beaker in a pocket,and grab a syringe for later use.

Step 4:Feed your babies via the monkey cube box on the table,if your unfamiliar with the games UI,you might have a bad time.

Step 5:After 2-3 feedings ((Depending on how long Xeno was unmanned.)) your slimes will begin to split into 4 baby slimes.

Step 6:THIS IS CRUCIAL,Grab your extinguisher from the table where you got all your machines from.Unclench the nozzle via clicking it,switch to grab intent.Now your ready to enter the pens.Enter the pen of your choice,pull out any spare grays leaving at LEAST one,pull them into the narrow 2 tile hallway leading into the pen,and spray them with the extinguisher.Leave different colored slimes alone for now.Repeat for the other pen,but kill off all the grays in that pen.Now,grab a closet from one of the alcoves in Xeno,drag it into the pen of your choice,grab a non-grey slime,and drag it into closet,shutting it.Pick a new pen,and deposit your new slime.Rinse,repeat.

Step 7:Deposit your slime corpses into the processor,DO NOT PROCESS THEM.If your team is competent,you should be able to request an upgrade to the processor shortly after getting to work.Upgraded processors spit out 3-4 slime extracts.

Step 8:Deposit your monkeys into the recycler,not really important later as greys provide TONS of cubes.

Step 9:Repeat steps 1-8.

A list of slimes to watch for:

Adamatine

Cerulean

Dark Purple

Black

Light Pink

Silver ((Who needs a chef?))

Gold

Bluespace

Slime Effects!Not to mention most of the general info from this guide.

http://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_xenobiology#Formulas

Basic Slime Grenade Construction!

You may need to do research for this.

Parts:Core of your choice,Cable Coil,A screwdriver,and a LARGE grenade casing

Instructions:

1:Insert wire into the casing

2:Insert core+A beaker of a reactant ((IE Blood,Plasma))

3:Screwdriver the grenade shut.

4:Toss and enjoy.

There are considerably more complex grenades that require a bit of chem-knowledge.I may go into them if requested.

Competent Xenobiology:How to not be a chucklefuck.

This is SUPER simple believe it or not you assclowns.

1.Avoid turning yourself into a fucking slime with black extracts.IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

2.Keep the GOD damned population down AND pens closed.

3.Focus on getting people back into the round with golems,after you reach that point,do whatever you'd like.

Edited by Guest

Aw fuck, I didn't know you could upgrade the processor.

Or make grenades.

Fuck.

IPC Xenobiologists are pretty good, though, no cellular damage to suffer. :|

Fuck off, Tauka.

In all seriousness, I think they... might?

I'm looking around in the code for anything about it.

FINAL EDIT: Mutation toxin and I think Advanced Mutation Toxin both lack the SYNTHETIC process tag thing, so I don't think they do.

I'd like to make some additions to your list.

LOCKERS - Drag an empty locker around from pen to pen as you're cleaning up dead monkeys/slimes. You can easily drag dozens of dead things over to the Xenobio equipment in a single go.

START OF SHIFT - If you're feeling adventurous, kill both slimes, process them, and inject the four grey slime extracts with plasma. If you did so quickly enough you now have 4 slimes to work with slightly quicker than if you fed and split them.

PREP WORK - If you're an IPC or some species that doesn't have red blood that works on slime extracts just drag a monkey onto the operating table and start jabbing away. Filling up all 7 beakers goes quicker than you might think. This is especially a good idea if there's 2 people in the lab. One person feeding slimes, the other doing the prep work.

PLASMA - Give that goddamn plasma sheet to someone else. If you're in Xenobio you have access to the Science chem dispensers. The plasma sheet can be used in R&D, liquid plasma cannot, and all you ever need is liquid plasma. Once you've got those dark purps breeding you'll have enough sheets to spread on a bed and roll around in.

METAL/PLASTEEL - Metal slimes give you metal/plasteel. GIVE THESE TO THE ROBOTICIST. Maybe you'll get a sweet mech out of the deal!

YELLOW SLIMES - Keep one or two yellow slime extracts off to one side but NOT in the fridge. If the APC power cell gets drained just inject one with plasma and now you have a replacement power cell!

GOLD SLIMES - Don't ever inject with plasma. If you're in the lab with me don't turn the place into a goddamn petting zoo. It makes it impossible to get real work done!

BLUESPACE - Yellow slimes can split into bluespace slimes which are an essentially unlimited source of bluespace crystals. It may take a little while to get there but you can still easily produce way more crystals than the miners will ever find in any single shift. I think my record in one round was something like 35 crystals, and I could have gotten more but I realize we didn't even need as many as we had. If you want to set up Telesci this is probably the way to go so R&D doesn't have to waste a ton of materials on artificial ones.

PREP WORK - If you're an IPC or some species that doesn't have red blood that works on slime extracts just drag a monkey onto the operating table and start jabbing away.

ACTUALLY, you can stuff a dead monkey into the processor, and get a bucket of blood.

MUCH MUCH cleaner.

PREP WORK - If you're an IPC or some species that doesn't have red blood that works on slime extracts just drag a monkey onto the operating table and start jabbing away.

ACTUALLY, you can stuff a dead monkey into the processor, and get a bucket of blood.

MUCH MUCH cleaner.

Monkeys can't go into the slime processor last I checked. Normal processor sure but have fun taking that monkey to the chef

Mmm, all I get when I try that is a message saying that the processor won't accept the dead monkey. I think /tg/station's code allows for a bucket of blood but as far as I'm aware the Paradise code does not.

And I clearly remember getting a message saying you can't do such a thing, but to be honest I'm not 100% sure that it wasn't for putting a slime in the monkey recycler...

Bucket of blood used to be a thing. It was removed tho.

Another tip -- extracting cores with surgery and chucking the leftover into the processor yields one extra core. This can help a bit if you can't get an upgrade, had some bad luck when the slime split, or you just want to get a few bottles of steroid without having to complete another breeding cycle.

Also, carry two extinguishers.

And don't forget there's room for two monkey cubes in the science jacket.

And don't spawn monkeys you aren't going to feed to the slimes immediately. If the slime sees another monkey while eating they'll friend them.

And if you slime yourself, you can eat bees.

And remember there's vents under the reinforced tables and slimes love vents.

And walk into a friendly pen if you get random visitors. If they are an antag they'll have to deal with slimes.

And critters spawned by peaceful blood gold extracts are not peaceful. This includes beacon hivebots and spiderlings.

Another tip -- extracting cores with surgery and chucking the leftover into the processor yields one extra core. This can help a bit if you can't get an upgrade, had some bad luck when the slime split, or you just want to get a few bottles of steroid without having to complete another breeding cycle.

I don't know about this. Slime processor gives two extracts with a full slime. Surgery gets one out and the remaining body gives one as well. This was when it wasn't upgraded. I don't remember exactly how it acted when I put a slime with the extra cores in it though. Might want to do surgery on those.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use