Admin Complaint

PPI

Admin Key: HereticChurch, TullyBBurnalot

Complaint:

During a nukeops round, after 4 of the ops where killed, the shuttle was called, and inexplicably recalled, it was called again, on Captains orders in both cases, both due to the danger, and due to the damage caused so far, after the second time, centcom said they recalled it, and that there was no reason to call it, even when it was valid in this round, as it has been in the thousands of previous rounds, and thousands of next rounds. Irregardless of what Command felt was needed, they forced the round to continue, when it was decided to end it, even when a nuke op is still alive, and is still a threat during the round. Claiming it was not an emergency, thus they decided that the Command Staff does not have the right to call the shuttle if they want too. At the same time as this was happening, Tully was going about as Comms Officer Jenkins , and Heretic as the ERT leader Sarah Bell.

Anyway, while this was happening, swarmers managed to spawn, and gained a foothold, crew could do nothing, ert was called, shuttle was called, and then they decided to re-call the shuttle because ERT was on it's way, before waiting another 5 minutes, when they noticed only one ert guy showed up, and he went ssd, captain resigned cause they would not let him call the shuttle, people where dying left and right, before the shuttle was FINALLY called, which started a multisword event, and people where being killed left and right, and people exploding for who knows what reason.

Now, the problem is they where extending a round that was supposed to be over, when nukeops are confirmed ya call the shuttle, and there is NO reason to recall it at that point, and honestly that should not happen, as it takes away any player choice.

Yeah I'm not sure if I see the full reason of this complaint here.

As admins they are allowed to decide if they want the shuttle to be recalled or not, it might fall into bad taste with some players, but I was not there to "evaluate" if the situation was appropriate.

And as tiger said, if the station is still intact and operative the shuttle should not be called.

The focus of this game should be to have fun, not "win"

I will be talking to Tully and heretic to get their side of the story

Alright gathering the story it seems that the entire crew managed to stop the nuke ops withing ~18 minutes, with no real structural damage to the station. While you might want to just restart the round and get over it, I think you're forgetting that this is an RP game and "winning" should not be the final goal.

Admins are allowed to recall the shuttle if they feel so inclined.

I see no misconduct from either admin.

Is there anything else you'd like to continue this complaint on?

• 2 weeks later...

Adding in my two cents, even if it's not wanted, I've seen admins "kindly nudge" a station to calling the shuttle after the ops are dealt with, verbally or not. While this is really more of an IC thing to deal with, we should be clear on the proper thing to do after this stuff happens; Waiting around for an hour and a half as operatives is kinda crappy.

EDIT: Also, sorry in advanced if this is not the kinda thing I should interject in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use