Maintenance Drone Vent Crawl

scrubmcnoob

Suggestion:

Really simply, add Vent Crawl ability to Maintenance Drones.

Reason:

They are really small and run around the station, only seems fitting to see these buggers crawling in and out of vents. Also makes station travel a bit easier and makes them less likely to be seen by the crew; adding to their role of staying out of crew affairs.

I am not a code genius, but could this be done with an easy copy and paste of vent crawling code?

They have mailing. Set mail tag, click on bin, drag, click Enable to get flushed. The one issue is that you should not post yourself to RD's office, because you'll get caught in a loop.

Disposals diving is good for drones because you'll pop out at any breach to start repairing right away.

+1 to Vent Crawling Drones.

Mailing tags are finicky at best, and not everywhere a drone needs to go has a disposal. Also Vent Crawling is manual now so it would take longer and require a drone to be somewhat knowledgeable about the station layout and piping (which I can bet 99.99% of our player base has no clue of)

Having both wouldn't be a bad thing, Disposal mailing would be the automated and convenient method, where vent crawling would allow more accuracy as well as letting drones inspect piping directly for breaches or breaks.

I don't see why not.

They already have all-access, not sure how giving them a second form of it would change anything negatively. If emagged, they can just either hack through everything, crowbar everything open or just break through, so it won't really hurt.

The one issue is that you should not post yourself to RD's office, because you'll get caught in a loop.

Explains why my special package for the RD never got there.

Anyway, add it. It's been suggested already, let's do it.

The one issue is that you should not post yourself to RD's office, because you'll get caught in a loop.

Explains why my special package for the RD never got there.

This seems to fix it, (non Y) Junction's arrow up

DiU60K9.png

But I've heard unconfirmed reports of trash ejection in someone else's lab. At least Dr. Gibbs' 20 chemical pills did arrive when posted from the chem lab tho.

So is it safe to assume that this suggestion is fine in the sense there is nothing controversial about it nor any disagreements with it? Will the only wait be the simple code addition to the drones?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use