phantom ghost Specie.

Holyass

Specie : phantom ghost.

Origin: unknown.

strengths: takes very little brute damage because they are made out of Ectoplasm, have no bones, have no need for food or air, have no feet, it flys in the air.

weaknesses: very weak to any type of energy weapons and if stun it will last 2x and take damage because they are made out of Ectoplasm, it's blood is it's Ectoplasm, meaning you cant give it blood, it have to regenerate the lost Ectoplasm slowly, have no brain and cant be cloned, cant go into space without a special made hardsuit, cant wear any shoes, only can wear clothing that made out of Ectoplasm so it have to use it own blood to make his clothing, or convert existing clothing that cost less.

special power : super spin chair make a chair to spin for 1 min.

Edited by Guest

Wallwalk would be OP as fuck.

that why i made it so they they cant carry items pass the walls and have a 2 min cooldown.

maybe you even place down a seal to keep them from going pass the wall. (Chaplain not included)

The reason slimepeople ventcrawl was removed was due to the sheer OPness of what was functionally all access even with no items (including ID). This is ventrcrawl but with a cooldown and slightly harder in restricted areas. The other parts sound like it would be neat. But balance is an issue here.

Antagonist? Sure, sounds like some !!FUN!! stuff. We already have wraiths, so a neat sub-wraith bro'd be nice.

Normal species?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOoooooOooOoo.

Why?

We already have shitloads of species, including plasmamen, IPCs, humans, unathi, taj, vulp, vox, grey, slime people, adamantine golems, kidan-- you get the point.

This, and we should really work on other features before adding more species.

Also, you shouldn't really get non-passive special powers from species. Environmental resistance is always good, but you shouldn't get any kind of combat move IE fireballs or whatever.

And letting IC characters talk to ghosts is a terrible idea for a multitude of reasons I won't bother to list.

ooc in ic

Antagonist? Sure, sounds like some !!FUN!! stuff. We already have wraiths, so a neat sub-wraith bro'd be nice.

Normal species?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOoooooOooOoo.

Why?

We already have shitloads of species, including plasmamen, IPCs, humans, unathi, taj, vulp, vox, grey, slime people, adamantine golems, kidan-- you get the point.

This, and we should really work on other features before adding more species.

Also, you shouldn't really get non-passive special powers from species. Environmental resistance is always good, but you shouldn't get any kind of combat move IE fireballs or whatever.

And letting IC characters talk to ghosts is a terrible idea for a multitude of reasons I won't bother to list.

ooc in ic

Is this an antag role, or an actual species?

An actual species, and NTSAM that why i put that "MAYBE" talk to the dead, and this Specie is still a WIP so stuff can change.

P.S. I'm still working on the lore and background on it

Can shoot balls of Ectoplasm with a cooldown of 5 mins weak to mid range brute damage

Species abilities shouldn't be for combat, IMO. It encourages needless violence.

maybe talk to the dead

That's not likely to ever happen. Deadchat isn't really an IC channel at this point.

can see pass a wall if right next to it

This is actually surprisingly difficult to do in byond. You can easily change the opacity of the object, but not so that it only affects one person.

It is much more important to diversify the existing species before we add new ones.

For example, skrell have absolutely 0 upsides and two significant downsides (can't eat meat, hardsuits don't fit)

As I've previously stated. Vulps should have 1/2 or 1/4th nutrition for anything that isn't meat, maybe a slight speed increase. Some level of night vision. Heat being a slight issue. Cold being less of an issue. Chocolate being poison. ((Actually unsure if chocolate is bad for Vulps right now or not. Have seen a Vulp have seizures after eating chocolate relatively recently and have not been willing to test it.))

Well there I redid it more more, I remove near all stuff, it more as a human now then some fun specie.

By the looks of it we don't really want anything but stuff that very human like for balance.

• 2 weeks later...

imo playing as dead people is pretty snowflakey.

Plus, we already have 10000 supernatural things; We have Golems that work by some satanic slime-sacrifice, a Gamemode centered around an Eldritch horror, Revenants which are fucking angry ghosts ffs, and we have Zombies and Skeletons.

On top of this, Fethas is working on porting cameras that are basically the Fatal Frame-cams, Voodoo dolls, necromancy stones, everything. Having a whole new species with this theme is pretty unnecessary, if you ask me.

I'm also a bit afraid of people validhunting these players just because "OOH GHOST OOAOAOHNAHAHAH GOTTA KIL HAHAHAHAHAKEK."

And Halloween is over and I rather we not become Halloween Station 13 all year, because if there's a species that can be used by the public it will be used by the public and done to death.

No pun intended.

We do got a 2spooky event that spamspawns them and skeletons, IIRC.

Oh, and GHOSTS, FUCKING GHOSTS, not observer ghosts, JUST GHOSTS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use