Glowing Tajaran eyes

BadApple797

They can ''see in the dark'' like cats.

Eyes should ''glow'' like cat eyes, a la harvester sprites or those computer screens we had(have?)

Ideally covering the eyes with an eye covering thing (gasmask, meson,sunglasses, sechelmet) would also cover the eyes. Same should go for any other ''darksight'' species.

Issues: I think the code we had for the glowing stuff made them always the foremost sprite (the computer screen covering items thing.) If this ended up being an issue with the eyes, maybe check for the tag or whatever that prevents you from poking peoples eyes out (I don't think there is really any item missing that) before drawing the glowey eyes.

That issue would also mean a tajaran hiding under a pile of paper would have his eyes glowing through them. I personally would like that.

Balance: Well it would mean when a tajaran is sitting in the dark staring at you without eye cover, without facing ''away'' you could see his two eyes, and isn't a bad trade-off for seeing in the dark

Uh. Eyes only glow because of light reflecting off of them; they don't uh...inherently glow.

Incidentally, that glow (a layer of the eye called the "tapetum lucidum" is precisely why they can see in the dark; it allows for more light to be "gathered" in low light conditions.

But yeah, that glow only happens when you shine light directly into the eyes of an animal that has this.

They shouldn't have too bright a screen. Something a little more than a PDA light I say.

I was thinking a little less than a PDA light, honestly.

Something around the light level of a cig? I think that only lights up one floor tile, the one it's on. And it's very dim.

They shouldn't have too bright a screen. Something a little more than a PDA light I say.

I was thinking a little less than a PDA light, honestly.

Something around the light level of a cig? I think that only lights up one floor tile, the one it's on. And it's very dim.

What if you make it one of their racial per- oh wait... Nevermind :P

Pretty much what fox said. Cat eyes do not glow, and would never glow through paper. Ridiculous.

However, I would 100% support a trade where the neon color choices are gone in exchange for glowing eyes.

Pretty much what fox said. Cat eyes do not glow, and would never glow through paper. Ridiculous.

However, I would 100% support a trade where the neon color choices are gone in exchange for glowing eyes.

All of my yes

Remove neon colored snowflakes and give them like.. A pulse destroyer for all I care

All of my yes

Remove neon colored snowflakes and give them like.. A pulse destroyer for all I care

And out of no where the fur color hate returns. For all I care I'd like to see this topic go up in a flame(war).

*sits back and munches on popcorn*

All of my yes

And out of no where the fur color hate returns. For all I care I'd like to see this topic go up in a flame(war).

>implying anyone would start a flamewar on a stupid feature that makes 0 biological sense.

pass the popcorn?

All of my yes

Were you under the impression that there weren't people who considered neon fur a low-rp feature, and generally associate neon fur with snowflake furries?

To be clear, I have nothing particularly against furries. Like chubby chasers and those into watersports, I don't get it but they're harmless.

Snowflakes however, are generally disliked because they provide other players with two options:

1) Pretend that their implausible character isn't nonsense.

2) Risk having to deal with a drama queen shit-fit, which will piss off other players and the admins.

Neither of these options are appealing.

Keeping in mind that correlation does not equal causation, I often find that the most "unique" looking people have the least interesting personalities.

Personally, I find some baldie who welder-bombs sec five minutes in or an NT rep that runs around recruiting people for a pizza party gateway mission worse than snowflakey RP people with neon fur or hair. Just wait until you roll antag with them as a target and laugh as they scream exposition-ed backstory while you stab them.

Also on the reflection thing: yes I understand the mirror eye thing. If their darksight is working, then the light it is''amplifying'' or whatever is the light that would be reflecting and ''lighting up'' their eyes.

And to clarify, this suggestion isn't about producing light in anyway, the tile they are on remains the exact same, their sprite just has pixels that are always illuminated, like a harvester, which is a mob that actually reduces light where it is standing but is always visible.

I think a better way to represent the glowing eyes is if they are in darkness and there is a light source nearby, like within the sight range. Then you can see those eyes glowing, or the eyes sprite inside the darkness. This however might be a challenge to get to work

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use