Joining an abandoned station

Tauka Usanake

Can we please stop allowing crew to board the station when evacuation is underway? I mean not only is it unrealistic but they don't get to do anything except maybe graytide for ten minutes. Thirteen at best. I'd also argue that during a blob eating the station arrivals also be closed off but that's a different subject. Sure you have that prompt that says evacuation is happening but wouldn't you still think they shouldn't join? Just observe, watch the round end

To be blunt;

It's not really a big deal. The round is ending soon, if they wanna slip in for about five minutes or whatever then let them do it.

"Realism" isn't a very good argument for things.

You also gotta take the false-calls into consideration.

That means that the shuttle gets called for some bullshit reason/reason which command will regret/antag call and then it gets recalled 4 minutes later.

You also gotta take the false-calls into consideration.

That means that the shuttle gets called for some bullshit reason/reason which command will regret/antag call and then it gets recalled 4 minutes later.

This.

Also, It would be really frustrating to not be able to join a round for a whopping 18 minutes (evac+boarding+transit+end of round+the next round) because of the shuttle being called.

Yes, there's not a ton to do during 16 of those 18 minutes, but being able to walk around and talk with people is better than staring at a screen.

Yeah, honestly there's no need to change how it is. I'm pretty sure the NanoTrasen shuttles are auto-pilot anyway so they probably can't stop once they lift off, so it makes sense that you'd still arrive even while evacuation is underway.

Also realism never takes priority over gameplay, golden rule of vidya games.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use