New rule regarding powering the station

PPI

Not sure what rule this would fit under but:

"Any engineering staff, who grabs a spacesuit and runs off without either setting up the singularity or setting up solars will be job banned from engineering"

While this rule won't matter on high pop rounds, lately there have been many rounds where power runs out before someone sets it up, and in one instance you could see 3 engineers running about in their spacesuit doing nothing at all.

Among the jobs on the station, setting up power is the most important one, as without it, nobody can work, it does not help that secondary personell like the co-captain and captain often have problems emptying the water in a shoe, when the instructions are on the heel of the shoe.

3. Play the Role you’ve chosen:

Choose the role based on what you want to spend the round doing, not in order to obtain access and equipment or to impress people with a prestigious title. If you take a role, other players will be expecting - and may rely on you to do it.

This suggestion isn't that necessary because it already is a rule.

By the way, did you know that there is only three ((dammit dionae)) races that can go into space without the hardsuits? And did you know there's lots of other engineering duties you must do with a suit? Good, let's fuck over those other duties, which consist of

• Repairs

• Construction

and

Maintenance

Also, what does one do if both the singularity and the solars are fucked up and destroyed? Suits are off-limits the rest of the round? Oh, okay.

I don't see why you are jumping down my throat regarding this, and most repairs, construction, and maintanance are inside the station, and very often with atmospherics in the room, and no, if singularity is destroyed... I dunno... fix it? same with solars? There are four of them + a backup kit in engineering.

But if you at round start as an engineer does not set up power first thing, then yes, you should be ding dong job banned. Because there are no repairs, no constructions and no maintenance needed that is more important at start then power.

Currently, I am personally operating on a "Singularity not up 25 minutes in? Let's start handing out PMs".

It is in fact already a rule, albeit one that needs more enforcing.

Currently, I am personally operating on a "Singularity not up 25 minutes in? Let's start handing out PMs".

But Tully! I NEVER set up the engine as the CE..

I just yell at my grunts to do it! :3c

There's also alternate methods of power, but yeah it's total butts to have a round basically ruined because the station starts going dark.

There's also alternate methods of power, but yeah it's total butts to have a round basically ruined because the station starts going dark.

Never ruined. One time Hyperion had to set up a chain of PACMANs in the middle of a hallway! And he was a CMO with engineering access, lol.

I liked the Dark Ages.

Spike Ward did the same thing with 5 pacmans in engineering. After promptly telling the crew not to touch any electified grills or hack any doors, a swarm of assistants ran to medbay needing new hands. Heh heh heh.

You're an administrator. You should bring it up with the rest of Paradise Station's staff team that it needs heavier enforcement.

Makes my life easier when I don't have to perform ghetto surgery on people in the dark, just because every assistant nicked one flashlight each from around the station.

comics-balderduck-surgery-578386.jpeg

Except that wasn't Hyperion, and was Halogen. ;p ♥

I meant Halogen, wrote Hyperion.

Not sure why, brain fart. Of course it was Halogen!

facepalm.jpg

No worries c:

I had fun getting constantly irradiated by the SUPERPACMAN and slowly dying in order to provide the station with power.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use