New idea for a cyborg

Malkaz

Well, when i should be studying (boring teacher makes my mind imagine crazy things), i had an idea.

The captain and the Heads are of vital importance to the station, as they try to keep everyone and every sector safe. Security can protect them, but their duty is also to the whole station, as it is the AI (though the AI must follow it's laws and could be rogue/malf). Basically, the only protection they for them (not the whole station), the captain and heads, are themselves, plus some guys from his own sector. There's only one Blueshield, and they are five VIP characters. (And i'd like to remember that security is not always fully staffed. Not even 'medium' staffed).

Finally, my idea: A new kind of cyborg, that i like to think as Module Command Borg (or even Blueshield Borg). Made by NT to protect the Heads and Captain, and that is all. Could be synched with an AI, but i think that i would be better if he weren't, but they could act as allies without problems. He would be a cyborg version of the Blueshield, and both of them should be allies. His gear would be a mix, but i think it should be mostly security gear, with some of the medical (Just health analyzer and spacealin).

Also, as it is a special borg, the roboticist shouldn't have access to tamper with the equipment, unless necessary, as NT itself created the borg for the special task of protecting the Captain/Heads. But the R&D, or even the CE, should be allowed. (In IC, there wouldn't be nothing preventing the Roboticist to access the panel with it's ID aside from the Law 4: Do not let unauthorized personnel tamper with your equipment).

Also, grammar mistakes, i know, but typing fast. I'm on a lot of caffeine right now.

i think new cyborgs would be great in general. I also think the standard borg needs some updating on what it has.

An Atmospheric borg that is in itself a portable air pump,air srubber and heater. Able to fill itself in atmospherics and etc.Possibly useful for research with bomb making?? Aswell ofcourse cleaning the air.

Tools-

heater

air pump

scrubber

canisters...three?

Atmospheric sensor

Wrench

hmm Glass for sealing holes?

An Misc borg could be a hydroponic or chef borg.

Optional Tools

Kitchen knive

tray

plant bag?

Large beakers

Large dropper

....WIP i suppose

bucket

EZ nutrient maker

mini hoe

Rapid seed dispenser thing.

pest spray..

drinking glass dispenser

medical borg could gain surgery tools-would need a human to put person on the table though. Also a recharable guaze,ointment. To atleast stop bleeding on critical people. Perhaps a spectrometer too. And access to the chem machine...

I quite like these ideas.

Blueshield Bot:

Possibly something not so common - blueshield is one of the roles we're thinking will be whitelist, to ensure the high quality and reputation we know blueshields for. A mix of sec/medical seems best.

Atmos borg:

Love it. Fire fighting equip as well, possibly.

Misc Borgs:

Lots good ideas here, would need to be fleshed out/tested.

In general, I'd like to see borgs be upgradeable by R&D, so they can bug them for more than power cells. Also, the RCD on engi borgs I'd like to see nerfed. Because...it's stupidly good.

Both the blueshield and the blueshield borg could be whitelisted. But, the borg, like the Gygax, should be forbidden territory to the roboticist, as he is a special kind of borg. So, i think it would make more sense if the only way to play as one would be:

Spawning as one at the beggining of the shift

If NT sends a borg sometime during the shift (Hooray, lucky ghost)

And for the modules, this is one idea:

Health Analyzer

Tricordazine (just a little, and for Heads/Captain use only)

Stun Baton

Shield (to match with the name, and because it would be really cool to see a borg using one, as his job is mostly to keep his targets alive)

Handcuff

Health/Medical HUB (Only one, or maybe both)

Laser Gun or an energy sword (If emaged. Well, if he could even be emaged, i have this idea that, when someone tries to emag him, he should self destruct. Or simply shut down.)

And for the Atmos borg, his modules could be one of each canisters (he could act as a walking canister releasing/absorbing the air and toxins around him). Plus the modules the xxxx-guy said (I swear i tried to read it, sorry)

Exactly. The blueshieldborg would be immune to the evil acts of the Malf AI. He could even comunicate with the captain to inform him about that.

But the other cyborgs? Well, GLaDOS controlling Atlas and P-Body.

Also, one simple thing the blueshieldborg could have. Simple, so simple, yet, effective:

Fingers to actually carry things. And at least one or two slots to keep things (the captain could give to him important items as he would keep it safe better than most people aboard the station).

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly. The blueshieldborg would be immune to the evil acts of the Malf AI. He could even comunicate with the captain to inform him about that.

Fingers to actually carry things. And at least one or two slots to keep things (the captain could give to him important items as he would keep it safe better than most people aboard the station).

You just gave the Cyborg the abillity to change its own Lawsets.

For some reason he shoun't have that Abillity.

• 2 weeks later...

there's an easier way to do this for a Blueshield borg.

Have it start the game disconnected (or bound to A.L.I.C.E.) and have it's laws be the PALADIN lawset or what ever is the one that is to follow the chain of command and protect the innocent.

Bam, it's immune to a malf AI round, it cant kill the crew and it follows the same principals as the Blueshield

To be honest I don't really like the idea of an uncorruptable cyborg not slaved to the station AI.

The unique thing about cyborgs is that they are governed by (corruptable) laws, not by morality. They are your best helpful friend most of the time but can turn into your worst enemy.

Taking that away and making a trustworthy, "lawful good" cyborg kinda defeats the purpose of having a cyborg in the first place. It may as well be a heavily armed human with loyalty implant.

Yeah on a more serious note, I agree with uc_guy.

Borgs are supposed to be corruptible, making a borg that is not corruptable would be (impossible) lame and overpowered

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use