A wider variety of uses for tape.

AzyWng

The tape roll that exists in the game right now doesn't have a whole lot of uses, to be honest. The only one I actually know of is putting paper on walls.

I'd like to have that changed at some point, that way the tape roll isnt' just a piece of useless fluff.

I've already got a few ideas on other means that duct tape can be used for. I haven't thought of a way to balance them, though, so beware.

• Making glass shivs with (make it so that using glass shards as melee weapons will cut the user's hand.)

• Substituting cable coils or cablecuffs in certain improvised crafting recipes. (For instance, you would be able to make a spear with duct tape instead of cablecuffs, or an IED using duct tape instead of a cable coil)

Improvised restraints.

Improvised muzzle/blindfold

Taping people to walls/windows.

Blocking doors with it? (It's possible to do that with police and engineering tape, so it might be possible with duct tape)

Blocking vents and scrubbers with it? (It wouldn't be a strong as welding the vent shut, obviously.)

Some of these changes would proably be easy to put in (the replacement for certain crafting recipes being the easiest), while most of them would probably be a lot harder (taping people to walls/windows, making shivs, acting as restraints, etc.)

Anyway, those are my ideas and suggestions on more uses for tape.

Is this good or bad?

...Fuck no, not the shivs. Please. God. No. N-no. No.

I am up for it being a wire crafting substitution though. And vent blocking. And as a nonviolent way to greytide "Civvy Tape" which only allows civvies to pass through the door without it being broken down. Maybe we can place it on floors like engi/police tape too? Just god no not the shivs. Anything but the shivs. Muzzles are better than shivs. Making mice hostile is better than shivs.

I think the game 'Escapists' has a lot of duct tape recipies we could convert. I'm against glass shivs to but most cause greytides have enough improvised weapons.

Flogs or whips by taping wire together and attaching it to a metal rod.

Armored jumpsuits (or just a wearable vest) by taping together two sheets of metal or plasteel.

Duct tape wallets/Taping over your ID to make you appear as an unknown if your face is obscured. Would allow you to use you ID to open doors and you ID still comes up on the crew monitor if your sensors are on.

Duct tape gloves. Cheap one shot versions of insulated gloves. If shocked they start on fire and need to be removed before they burn your hands. Once removed they turn to ash after being shocked.

Cardborg dummy. Taping a cardborg helmet to suit you get a cardborg dummy. Add metal rods to make it rigid.

cardborg statue. Tape a cardborg dummy to a table to make it into a statue. In honor of all the fallen warriors of Cardgonia.

Camera blind. Putting tape on a camera to blind it. Does not appear as broken on camera monitor. Tape can be removed by using help intent on the camera (borgs should be able to do this too.)

Holopads - Tape can used to cover a holopad emitters, the speaker and or microphone. Shut up and get out AI!

Let me put tape on Tajarans and then pull quickly.

Ow.

This is why we do need Space YouTube.

I also thought of another duct tape usage, ghetto medicine. If you take duct tape and a sheet of metal you should be able to make a ghetto bandage actually this would seem better for a splint, and tape + paper would be a bandage(?) which I believe Hippie has.

And maybe we can tape together C4 to signallers to have remote C4?

Fishbowl + body bag + insulated gloves + tape = single use guetto spacesuit :D

Body bags don't have arms but you're getting somewhere

Body Bag + wirecutters + fishbowl + insulated gloves + tape perhaps?

A ton of work and parts for something hard to get normally. Sounds fair to me!

A ton of work and parts for something hard to get normally. Sounds fair to me!

1.easily be able to snatch a bodybag from medbay/robotics

2 two fishbowls at petshop roundstart

3 tech storage two pairs insulated gloves

4 Demn tape is everywhere

5 wirecutters aux tool storage

1.easily be able to snatch a bodybag from medbay/robotics

You can find boxes of folded ones in maint at times, IIRC.

Also, another use, ghetto shackles. Duct tape + any shoes. Less slowdown than normal shackles and may break after [x] amount of steps.

The door tape should just slow people down to walking speed for like 1-2 seconds instead of acting like police tape. Think spiderweb of stickiness and confusion.

Easy to see, not very powerful, but perfect for blocking the path if there are no boxes/lockers nearby.

Also wirecutters (because we have no scissors) if you want to defuse it instantly.

Why has no one brought up the ability to tape people's mouths' shut?

That's something we need. For them antags and clowns. :)

Oh yeeeeeessssss ! It would be awesome !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use