Give the chef/bar an EPTOS scanner

Spartan

Because even though the money is more worthless than worthless at the moment (we need to fix that), it's still fun bit of roleplay to take part in. Last time I tried to make people walk a small distance to the ATM to retrieve 10 credits, our botany rebelled and called for my demotion, so that was unpleasant, to say the least.

I don't see any harm in it.

Damn near every Civilian other job has an EPTOS. Bartender has one, Cargo has one, HoP has one. Botany and Kitchen are the only ones without, probably because Chef and Botanists don't have an 'office' area for paperwork.

Seems like an okay idea, but one time I tried making people pay for drinks while I was playing as a bartender; one character said that employees of the station are able to enjoy things such as food, drinks and such free of charge.

I don't know if that's written in the Space Law or in Nanotrasen something something. . .I honestly don't know. I don't remember where it says that employees on the station are bound to give away items for free should the other employee need it or wants it.

Anyway I don't see much of a point since you can only sell items to civilians. Who are characters just visiting the station. Not people who work in the station.

Though I have one question. What does EPTOS stand for?

EFTPOS stands for Electronic Funds Transfer (at) Point Of Sale. Effectively, just a card reader like some associates carry at various retail stores to handle payment anywhere.

There is nothing in Space Law OR Standard Operating Procedures that states the crew does or does not need to pay for services/goods from other crew. Most people don't do payments simply because it's a hassle, and that it usually results in the person demanding payment getting robbed of their goods/machines and/or robusted.

In the past, I have attempted to run the bar as a "cash bar" as a bit of an economic "experiment" where I charged something like 5 credits per glass of non-alcoholic drinks, 10 for alcoholic, and then like 25 or 50 for a bottle of booze.

One time, the heads drained everyone's accounts, so no one could afford to buy drinks (pretty sure they dumped it all in their own accounts), so the experiment failed and no one could buy anything from any vendor (i think Engineering ended up hacking all the machines to spit out their contents so people could still get chips and such).

The other time, the station exploded because of a very successful nuke ops. I haven't played bartender much lately, so I'm not sure how it would go over now...

Giving the chef an EFTPOS wouldn't be a bad addition, could easily sneak it into their kitchen crate in the freezer, right next to the box of mousetraps and sundress.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use