Diona Change

DSTAPP

I notice here just recently that the diona dos not have a mouth now, I can not enjoy my pizza, cheeseburger, and manly dorf to where i would consume them to where a normal human would die or explode.

-can this be changed back?

You get used to playing mouthless species, it's actually quite an advantage since you don't need to wait for the chef to get off his lazy butt. Also, you might be thinking of the Nymphs, Tauka (which bite, iirc)

Also, about them talking without mouths, I think they rumble and grind to speak.

Yeh, I find it weird to imagine these guys without mouths. Also, I think the Nymphs still have mouths, and if we're gonna let them have that then we need their adult form to as well.

#equalmouthrights2559

Yeh, I find it weird to imagine these guys without mouths. Also, I think the Nymphs still have mouths, and if we're gonna let them have that then we need their adult form to as well.

#equalmouthrights2559

that another vote for a yes on to changing it back.

#equalmouthrights2559

that another vote for a yes on to changing it back.

Oh so ya'll fight for "equal" rights when it comes to Diona, but leave out IPCs

#TrinaryProblems #YesAllOrganics

(Yes I'm aware you both main IPCs xD)

this belongs on another form page for ipc this is for diona race only.

this belongs on another form page for ipc this is for diona race only.

#YesAllWoodAndMetal diona and IPC masterraces bro

Back on topic

I don't play Dionae, I never have, but I do know they're slow as heck. If Dionae could get mouths again eating should give them an ever so slight speed boost. Not enough to outrun a human, just a little bit closer to a bearable pace.

I'd like dionas to share a single mind, so technically they can jump between diona bodies and take/share control of them. Then they go like, summon the ancient wisdom of the chemist tree spirits, and someone comes in and mixes the stuff.

I don't play Dionae, I never have, but I do know they're slow as heck. If Dionae could get mouths again eating should give them an ever so slight speed boost. Not enough to outrun a human, just a little bit closer to a bearable pace.

That speed debuff is the only thing htat keeps them in line.

Currently, Diona are injured by darkness and healed by light. As such, every Diona you meat is a walking light source with 2-4 flashlights on them at any given time. I believe with just 2 light sources (not counting your PDA light) you can survive and actually net heal a space walk or otherwise dangerous trip through a breached room/vacuum.

Diona are almost fatally injuried by Weed Killer/Atrazine in doses >20. Botany is the only place that starts with Weed Killer, Chemist looking to kill crew usually go for higher damaging chems since Atrazine is only mildly toxic to regular crew. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it's fairly rare and not a constant threat to Diona.

Finally there is the speed debuff. It's ungodly slow and puts you near the pace of a starving human. There really is no way around this unless you get drugs or something. I'm not certain Diona regen will counteract Meth Brain damage through, I think it only works on Brute and Burn. This right here is about the only debuff that keeps Diona inline, if they were faster they'd be combat a lot more robust in combat, especially since their healing is passive and very hard to counter unless you happen to be a shadowling who extinguish all lights with single power.

That speed debuff is the only thing htat keeps them in line.

Currently, Diona are injured by darkness and healed by light. As such, every Diona you meat is a walking light source with 2-4 flashlights on them at any given time. I believe with just 2 light sources (not counting your PDA light) you can survive and actually net heal a space walk or otherwise dangerous trip through a breached room/vacuum.

Actually, just wanted to make this notation: Diona are immune to space/Pressure.

I regularly played a Diona Shaft Miner and they actually cannot wear hardsuits at all. I would regularly walk out onto the asteroid with only my PDA light and a mining lantern, no suit or oxygen tank and I was not only completely fine, I was practically invulnerable.

Goliaths would mess me up only for me to be back to full health in short order, NPC's stop attacking you when you pass out, so you simply re-heal and go back to it.

Just kinda felt that was pertinent info.

Indeed, Dionae are OP without their slowness, and I regret mentioning speed buffs.

After messing around in local they were robust to just about whatever I shot at them. The only common thing that had any actual lethal effect on them was the plant poison.

Eating (if it were ever to be re-implemented) should do -something- however. Probably just an aesthetic or flavor effect would do well, like a "You feel nutured." text after grabbing a bite or two. Or, a bit more humorously, they grow root dreadlocks. Heh. Hehhhhh.

lots of good comments guys but all i want is to bring back the ability to eat and drink, if not there is no purpose for me to go to the bar or kitchen, but not only that how will medbay treat stuff faster if they don't have the liquid version of that medication and only the pill version.

You're literally a walking tree as a Diona. Sadly we don't have a small park or something for rest and relaxation for Diona to sit in, if the garden was a bit bigger and not out in the sticks (aka arrivals) it'd be a decent place. Having the bar nearby would be neat.

You're literally a walking tree as a Diona. Sadly we don't have a small park or something for rest and relaxation for Diona to sit in, if the garden was a bit bigger and not out in the sticks (aka arrivals) it'd be a decent place. Having the bar nearby would be neat.

like the idea but sadly there is no place to put a part near those locations, but the point is i would like the ability to eat and drink again it was part of my characters persona. and no else truly played as one besides me and i felt like this really effected me the most for just the ability to relax and enjoy myself at the bar when im done doing machanices work and takeing the most unbearable amount of time to get from place to place.

Watched a traitor unload an entire pistol clip into one of their heads, then bash their head area on the way to disposals and then finally threw them out the disposals airlock. They were back up two minutes later and talking on the radio like nothing happened. It was pretty good.

Break into botany and steal some grass claiming your rights and all that

Also, since full-fledged Dionae are comprised of multiple nymphs clustered together, it makes little sense for them to have a mouth unless the nymphs making up the Diona pull a human centipede to pull off some digestive mayhem

Maybe the individual Nymph components with exposed mouths(?) if that's even a thing could take a bite out of something, but otherwise...

But yeah bro the trees are stronk as heck give a Diona a couple flashlights and point him in the direction of the enemy and gg

like the idea but sadly there is no place to put a part near those locations, but the point is i would like the ability to eat and drink again it was part of my characters persona. and no else truly played as one besides me and i felt like this really effected me the most for just the ability to relax and enjoy myself at the bar when im done doing machanices work and takeing the most unbearable amount of time to get from place to place.

Actually wouldn't be that hard at all, a bit of map shuffling but mappers can shunt things in one direction or another. moving the kitchen over to where Hydro is, moving Hydro up above (and scooting the solar array to the side) would give room for a park of sorts between the bar and kitchen. Hydroponicist could just walk through the park to get up to their own workplace, with dirt patches in the park to grow things they might want but don't have space for in hydro proper.

The important thing to remember about mapping is that just because something is in a certain spot now, doesn't mean it HAS to be there. We change the map alot and have shuffled things around before, so long as the connections (disposals, atmos piping and wires) are done right, we can reconfigure the map how ever it needs to be to best facilitate the station both mechanically and aesthetically to promote RP and people just doing their jobs.

Break into botany and steal some grass claiming your rights and all that

Also, since full-fledged Dionae are comprised of multiple nymphs clustered together, it makes little sense for them to have a mouth unless the nymphs making up the Diona pull a human centipede to pull off some digestive mayhem

Maybe the individual Nymph components with exposed mouths(?) if that's even a thing could take a bite out of something, but otherwise...

But yeah bro the trees are stronk as heck give a Diona a couple flashlights and point him in the direction of the enemy and gg

Played diona once on alien round. Got attacked by multiple hunters and hit with acid spit a few times. About ten seconds later I stand up and begin toolboxing one... again.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't believe this has been reverted, and especially in alien rounds, a diona has no mouth, and therefore cannot be infected by a facehugger.

Diona have obvious strengths, but also massive weaknesses, largely because they are slow (difficult to respond to all threats), their healing is offset by food and medicine, and their lack of need to breathe/care about pressure is negated by a hardsuit.

The logic loop I get caught in playing as diona is that for most things you'd want a hardsuit for, a human would have access to a hardsuit as well. For the times you don't have access to a hardsuit, generally you're performing above what your job is allowed to do. I could be a civilian and repair hull leaks, but construction of reinforced walls is probably beyond what I am allowed to do RP-wise.

Pretty much every mechanic a diona can ignore, there are robust solutions for other species, that don't come with a speed penalty. For a new player/player in a lower station role, the benefits shine because they can get away with not using insulated gloves (hand damage heals quickly) or a welding helmet (no eye damage that I've noticed).

The only exception I can think of is shenanigans, where you fling yourself off the station and break into some sort of wreck a bit more easily.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use