ION

Coldflame

ION is Dean Hall's newly announced game. It's a Sci-Fi MMO focused on building and living on structures in space. It's 'inspired' by SS13 (to the point the Nanotrasen logo is featured), and will be released on PC and Xbox One at an undisclosed point in the future.

I'm curious what people on paradise think of it- Personally, I'm pretty cynical of it until we see more. Features such as voice chat (assumedly) and a lack of being open-source (also assumedly) take away a lot of what makes SS13 so good in my opinion.

I feel this was more concept art, than anything else. Due to this game having the learning curve of a cliff I'm worried that it's going to turn out to be a dumbed-down version of SS13. But if Dean pulls it off, I'll be damn impressed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I want to be hyped but my alarms are sounding loudly.

I almost cant imagine this beeing what were looking for since it will be layed out for gamepads.

SS 13 is pretty perfect as it is (except byond) the only good thing i can take from it is that the true commercial potential of this game will remain unused

The few mentions we've had have been good ones.

In discussing it here, he sheds some more light on it, and some of the bugs - namely, all your organs falling out when your character is selected. It implies simulated organ systems, which is a promising step for what ION seems to be intending to be.

I really don't think the game using a controller is a bad thing. ss13 doesn't use that many keys and most of the work is done with the mouse. The only problem I see is that voice chat will most likely be the only form of communication and that already disables a giant portion of gameplay.

The game has ambition and Dean has stated himself that he'd rather have a small playerbase than a game appealing to casual players. If this is what he's saying it is, it might just turn out to be pretty damn fun.

Voice chat as only form of comms?

God no.

I would totally make a overly sexualized female character and use my normal raspy voice just for shit&giggles. I wouldn't even try to hide my accent.

I don't want to hear the neckbeards rustling, Dean pls no.

Also, forcing voicecomms and controller while trying to not appeal to casual gamers.

That's like trying to shoo away clowns with bananas.

I want it to be good but this gives me the spoops.

ION is Dean Hall's newly announced game. It's a Sci-Fi MMO focused on building and living on structures in space. It's 'inspired' by SS13 (to the point the Nanotrasen logo is featured), and will be released on PC and Xbox One at an undisclosed point in the future.

I'm curious what people on paradise think of it- Personally, I'm pretty cynical of it until we see more. Features such as voice chat (assumedly) and a lack of being open-source (also assumedly) take away a lot of what makes SS13 so good in my opinion.

I didn't believe you when I said the Nanotrasen logo was featured - I went to their website, and, clear as day...

http://www.ionthegame.com/team

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use