New race idea. Humanoid primate aliens.

monkeysfist101

Should this race be in the game?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What it says on the tin. This'd add apemen to the game. Mechanically, they'd be identical to humans, but have more base HP at the expense of poor eyesight. The border tile would have the haze effect similar to early stages of oxygen loss. Lore wise, they could either be actual Terran gorillas that were uplifted by NT or be a race of their own similar to the Jiralhanae from Halo.

EDIT: Picture courtesy of Machofish and Starbound

EDIT 2: Parts sheet courtesy of myself.

resize.jpg.01ecc3da316fe9a0aff9b6d529cbc2e1.jpg

r_AlphaPapa.png.fe4ecf194ff8dd68c10c5fb52f6653e1.png

resize.jpg.01ecc3da316fe9a0aff9b6d529cbc2e1.jpg

r_AlphaPapa.png.fe4ecf194ff8dd68c10c5fb52f6653e1.png

Edited by Guest

I kinda like this. :D We should get a "Planet of the Apes" gamemode to go with this.

Yet again it would probably be shitty and involve tons of murderboning and validhunting... Nevermind. I still want the race though, it could make for some interesting RP.

Yeah sure why not. Ape people sound fun. Only problem is coding, I'm not sure more races should be a priority.

I'd swear I saw that another server implemented them a while back, not sure.

How's this?

They are a low technology with a tribal and shamanistic social structure with the leader of a group is usually the largest. Their species on a whole has only recently harnessed electricity. Other than the ones working for NanoTrasen as part of an uplift program and a few isolated groups spotted on rim worlds who presumably escaped scientific captivity, the species still believe that they are alone in the universe. In exchange for the privilege to remain among the other space-faring races, these "Kongs," as some people derogatorily call them, have foregone their violent social structure, though are prone to acts of violence and short-temperedness when prodded by the "Smoothies," a term that they have coined for humanity.

They'll need a name soon enough.

How about Advenus Primatem as their species designation? Alpha Papas or AP's for short. They are an uplifted species after all.

http://puu.sh/iltm2/689670108f.png

This is as far as I can get tonight. I have friends coming over and we're going to the midnight release of Jurassic World.

Only the far right two torsos are finished, so don't freak out. I'm happy with the heads so far, but they leave a little room for improvement.

On a side note, A.P. Detective http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/ ... ruiser.png

http://puu.sh/iltm2/689670108f.png

This is as far as I can get tonight. I have friends coming over and we're going to the midnight release of Jurassic World.

Only the far right two torsos are finished, so don't freak out. I'm happy with the heads so far, but they leave a little room for improvement.

On a side note, A.P. Detective http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/ ... ruiser.png

Love it! I know it's not my place to say but, is it possible to invert it so where the chest/belly had no hair, do the opposite? That could be cool! But it may not look as good as the classic.

Oooh I hope you enjoyed it! Some of my friends went to see it too. But yes, looks really good and I'd love to see them in the game! More races are better I think:)

other lore idea

As result of a massive cloning malfunction this race started to take over small colonies far way from important trade routes. The time somebody noticed they already grew too big to "simply reset the system" so they where accepted into the galactic society

- -

after all this are alternative humans, hardly to belive they completly evolved on their own, than again, this is just SiFi

I dislike this idea of a new race.

Just as if humans weren't enough.

We have a cat race, a canine race, and you still want an ape race?

WHY can't we stretch our imagination just a little bit and create something new, something truly alien? Also - primate alien? Sounds as if it was from a failed experiment on Earth, and as such it's not alien at all.

I just feel like it's getting too crowded in here, especially considering that humans have more in common with your concept of an ape than with the tajaran or vulpkanin we have right now.

I'd say: focus on polishing current races first, before it all turns into an ambiguous mass of skins to choose. Too much anime, too little sci-fi.

Poltron, if you're interested in more sci-fi, where are the pseudo-humans? Where are the Vulkan, the Klingon, the Lorrdian, the Quarian? Evolution has shown us that, as far as we can observe, the primate is the only race capable of being the apex species on a planetary scale. There is an insanely small habitable zone for stars, an insanely smaller amount of planets within those zones, and insanely small number of those can sustain life. Logic would stand that, if the atmospheric composition was similar to Earth's as all races but the Vox seem to have, live would evolve along the same path as Earth's life. What I'm getting at here is that, other than human, an alien primate would be the most logical species to exist.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use