Looks like you can't validhunt a wizard according to this:

Clayton_Kelly

Found in the identifying antagonists wiki page:

Wizard

The Space Wizard Federation is an organization known to terrorize innocent stations, particularly NT.

Officially they are an enemy of NT. Command staff are to treat them as hostile agents unless authorised by CC to engage in diplomacy."

So a wizard RPing diplomacy can't be accepted unless CentComm authorized it. I think there was a game a few days ago the Captain decided to kill a diplomatic wizard, and a majority of players didn't like that. The wiki should be changed I think.

Well all things considered, it is true.

"Friendly" wizards are only something we admins do.

As a wizard you often get objectives to steal and kill crew members of NT, if you want to be a friendly wizard you ahelp it, or face the consequences.

On the other side, a wizard can use every asset available to him to complete his mission, this includes releasing the sing, using atmos or any other major "round enders" because the round ends when the wizard is dead anyways

I don't know why people assume that wizards can be "friendly". I understand that they don't look like an alien or something, but still.

If you want to be a friendly wizard, go ahead and try, but the crew doesn't have to be friendly to you too.

Friendly wizard can be fun... for the few crewmembers he interacts with, the rest will get quickly bored if their enjoyment relies on antag activity.

I had suggested that the Lore changed some to where antags are unknown to NT and the employees aboard the station and to have the law changed where the antag is loyalty implanted or the Heads of Staff or Centcomm decide what to do with the antag when they've been caught committing heinous crimes(Forgot to also suggest changing the loyalty implants to where those implanted are compelled with total loyalty to NanoTrasen if they don't have a freedom implant.) But the idea had been opposed brutally due to "Forced RP", it would suppress it some but not completely since most of the community will valid hunt and want to kill the antag. I have yet to hear any about antags getting borged unless I'm borging them myself or debraining their corpses to hand over to Robotics for borging. So the players who were antag wouldn't have a chance to continue the round and are denied of that chance.

Edited by Guest

I always assume players can try and do the friendly wizard 'thing'. I was in a shift once where a friendly wizard had objectives where he could 'trade' etc. I believe he was validhunted up to the point where my character and the NTRep had to intervene and aid him somewhat, the AI also aided due to its lawset etc.

But eventually I think Dean just changed his objectives to take down the crew or something less severe, I think it was kill the heads for getting everyone to kill the wizard... Sadly the wizard ended up dieing! But whatevs the wizard was cool :)

Well all things considered, it is true.

"Friendly" wizards are only something we admins do.

As a wizard you often get objectives to steal and kill crew members of NT, if you want to be a friendly wizard you ahelp it, or face the consequences.

Well that makes perfect sense considering the CentComm exception.

Eh, friendly wizards can be fun. There was one time where I was tossed a wizard role by a fun loving admin because I mentioned in msay that I wanted to be a muscle wizard and box people in the boxing ring next time I rolled wizard (I CAST FIST). Plenty of people wanted to fight, but after one round we had some broken bones, so we went to the medbay together (This was before boxing gloves prevented brute damage and did stamina damage). It was there that I saw the captain. I was gonna ask if he wanted to box, but before I could even finish typing it, he just said "Die." and lasered me to death. Overkill levels of death. He kept shooting me after I was dead. For like a minute.

My own fault for trusting the station crew. And besides, without an official statement from central command, wizards are valid kills, as they're literally intruders to the station from a known hostile community of powerful bluespace magic users that are known to generally have hostile intentions.

We should change the lore to where the Wizard Federation is at a neutral standing with NT, but has recently had a schism in its ranks with a splinter cell of hostile wizards breaking off to cause mayhem. Why not change it so that there is a chance of either a Wizard Federation "friendly" wizard or a hostile Splinter Federation wizard posing as a WizFed diplomat? This way, the crew has to catch the wizard in the act to know if he is hostile or not? Friendly wizards would have a smaller list of spells than what we have now. Hostile wizards would have the same spells as friendly wizards with the addition of the spells like "give guns" and whatnot.

Wizards Federation being a hostile faction has always been true and has always been.

The only reason "friendly wizards" get away with it is because it's not fun chasing an intelligent being who can teleport, stunlock you and gib you for 5 mins-2 hours and it's pointless investing in a round which may end as soon as the antagonist is dead. People would rather play extended with a super-powered crew member than mess around with that.

Wizards Federation being a hostile faction has always been true and has always been.

The only reason "friendly wizards" get away with it is because it's not fun chasing an intelligent being who can teleport, stunlock you and gib you for 5 mins-2 hours and it's pointless investing in a round which may end as soon as the antagonist is dead. People would rather play extended with a super-powered crew member than mess around with that.

Wizards are actually pretty weak when compared to lings/vamps combat wise, and "friendly" versions of those almost never fly.

Wizards are actually pretty weak when compared to lings/vamps combat wise, and "friendly" versions of those almost never fly.

They're strong unless you catch them unprepared. Then it's a bliss.

I disagree that Wizards can be friendly. Mostly because "Friendly Wiznerd" rounds are extended with someone who frankly isn't trying enough to make the round interesting.

My solution?

THEATRICAL WIZARDS!

There's nothing stopping you from completing your objectives and being dramatic about it! You're a SPACE WIZARD for Eris' sake! If you aren't turning up the Ham to Pork-Levels while spewing smoke everywhere and yelling nonsensical one-liners while the validhunters try desperately to kill you, you're doing it wrong.

I'd love to see wizards get a bunch of cantrips that fo basically nothing but look cool for free for just such purposes.

On valid hunting, while command and sec are instructed by cc to treat then as hostile, valid hunting I when doctors leave med to shoot then with syringe guns, miners lynch with pickaxes, etc.

Eh, friendly wizards can be fun. There was one time where I was tossed a wizard role by a fun loving admin because I mentioned in msay that I wanted to be a muscle wizard and box people in the boxing ring next time I rolled wizard (I CAST FIST). Plenty of people wanted to fight, but after one round we had some broken bones, so we went to the medbay together (This was before boxing gloves prevented brute damage and did stamina damage). It was there that I saw the captain. I was gonna ask if he wanted to box, but before I could even finish typing it, he just said "Die." and lasered me to death. Overkill levels of death. He kept shooting me after I was dead. For like a minute.

Hilarious.

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see wizards get a bunch of cantrips that fo basically nothing but look cool for free for just such purposes.

On valid hunting, while command and sec are instructed by cc to treat then as hostile, valid hunting I when doctors leave med to shoot then with syringe guns, miners lynch with pickaxes, etc.

Last wiz round I was in, the wizard actually was dead in medbay, but I defibbed her, healed her up, then made her fuck off outta medbay after confiscating the wiz hardsuit.

Sometimes it's more fun to let antags do their thing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use