Replace the names of the chemicals.

Crom

The new chemical names are a joke. Literally.

As much as i respect the new chem system, the naming system needs an improvement. You can keep jokes and little side giggles here and there, especially for the more obscurely used chems. However right now when discussing chemicals seriously it makes you feel like 5 year old's playing pretend when you actually read what your saying. I want to feel like a 30 year old man playing pretend! For the sake of whatever immersion we have left, please consider a rework for the names.

Considering the vast bulk of chems that are ever discussed are medical....and nearly every single one of the medical chemicals is real, I have no idea where this is even coming from

Silver Sulfadiazine, Styptic Powder, Pentetic Acid, Charcoal, Perfluorodecalin, Salbutamol, saline-glucose, epinephrine, atropine, calomel, potassium-iodide, morphine, hydrocodone, diphenhydramine, insulin, simethicone, Aranesp, pancuronium, sodium thiopental, suflonal, formaldehyde, haloperidol, salicylic acid, and mannitol are....all real pharmaceuticals.

So are the illicit drugs: Meth, Krokodil, Crank, LSD, Bath Salts, and Nicotine.

While there's some fictionally named medicinal drugs: Rezadone, Cryox, Oucline, Audioline, sterilizine, teporone, strange reagent, omnizine, synthflesh, and I'm sure a few others.

Nearly all the component reagent names are also realistically named---with the exception of a few joke chemicals that are almost never utilized...how is this making things less immersive or realistic?

Shit. Effort. Aight, I will be back with a list. Possibly with name suggestions.

Also I might have been focusing too much on the poorly named ones, I became blind to the.. clearly long list of decently named ones.

I really don't see a problem with any commonly used chemical names. An argument could be made that names of harder to obtain chemicals like fliptonium and corgium are too gimmicky, but IMO that's not really an issue.

I didn't even realize that it was a direct reference to Star Trek. o.O

Log_zps40c00e05.jpg

Anyway, I liked the fictional chems because they're easier on the tongue and sci-fi in nature, making questions about insta-healing chems like styptic powder or why we're using 20th Century technology completely irrelevant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use