Suggestion for an addendum to rule 5

PPI

Add overuse of emagging doors to rule 5?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would fully support a secondary emag that was more stealthy, who'se effects where temporary but had limited charges.

It does feel that the current emag is slightly overpowered, but it's one of the funnest Syndi items to play with. Really, all of the 'stealth' items are great (Agent ID, Voice Changer, Chameleon Suit, and even the No-Slip shoes) and good fun to play with, I only wish it where possible to get the full set AND a syndi balloon without spamming pray or killing another traitor and stealing their uplink.

For the love of Space Jesus, please nerf the fucking crypto. I spent almost half a round recently as an Engineering borg fixing fried airlocks.

The crypto is blatantly overpowered, not slightly, which is precisely why it is a 'go to'/no brainer antag item, and it is borderline grieftastic.

Further, I don't like the balance suggestion about making its effects temporary, unless the duration of the cryptohack is very short. A big part of the problem is you can just spam the ever living fuck out of the thing with total impunity.

I think it needs either a 2 minute cooldown between uses, or it needs to be recharged after each use.

Also wouldn't mind revising it to get two modes of hacking:

Stealth Mode: Gives you access to the target machine after a ~5 second delay without causing permanent damage/frying electronics. Otherwise acts like the current Cryptographic Sequencer. Its effects are temporary and last 2 minutes. Imposes a 30 second cooldown before the Cryptographic Sequencer can be used again.

Override Mode: Alerts the AI if it can interface with the target machine (not unlike during a Door Jack attempt), or the target machine is slaved to it and works instantly, causing permanent damage/subversion. Imposes a 1 minute cooldown before the Cryptographic Sequencer can be used again.

Edited by Guest

For the love of Space Jesus TEH EMPRAH!!, please nerf the fucking crypto. I spent almost half a round recently as an Engineering borg fixing fried airlocks.

The crypto is blatantly overpowered, not slightly, which is precisely why it is a 'go to'/no brainer antag item, and it is borderline grieftastic.

Further, I don't like the balance suggestion about making its effects temporary, unless the duration of the cryptohack is very short. A big part of the problem is you can just spam the ever living fuck out of the thing with total impunity.

I think it needs either a 2 minute cooldown between uses, or it needs to be recharged after each use.

That pretty much sums it up nicely, now get the coders down here to actually make it true.

when was the last time you saw a traiter escape alive and free with all missions succesfull?

i always see the glorius death with one assassination target beeng succesfull

so traiter already have a hard time, nerfing their items to the point of uselessness would be unfair.

i mean two minutes coldown? WTF how is anyone supost to breake into any room like that?!

or alerting the AI? REALLY? alerting the ai is like making an anoucment who you are, where you are and that you are an antagonist.

exploding in your hand? who would take the risk if you can buy 3 C4 and a gun and more!

the Cryptographic Sequencer isnt op, it is anying to fix the doors, yes.

but if the effect of the Cryptographic Sequencer would fade away, so that the door closed from alone makes it even better because after some time, nobody could notice someone broke in.

Hmm... a cheap tool that just removed entry requirements from a door might be interesting. Like, you hit the door with it and now anyone can go through that door, like the public doors in the hallway or library. You could make it fixable by pulsing the ID control wire.

It would be identifiable, but not immediately so, and more subtle then the crypto.

when was the last time you saw a traiter escape alive and free with all missions succesfull?

i always see the glorius death with one assassination target beeng succesfull

so traiter already have a hard time, nerfing their items to the point of uselessness would be unfair.

i mean two minutes coldown? WTF how is anyone supost to breake into any room like that?!

or alerting the AI? REALLY? alerting the ai is like making an anoucment who you are, where you are and that you are an antagonist.

exploding in your hand? who would take the risk if you can buy 3 C4 and a gun and more!

the Cryptographic Sequencer isnt op, it is anying to fix the doors, yes.

but if the effect of the Cryptographic Sequencer would fade away, so that the door closed from alone makes it even better because after some time, nobody could notice someone broke in.

My proposal is you have two options: Stealthy and Overt. You want things quick and dirty? You can have it; at a cost; i.e. a longer cooldown and possible AI alert. You want to be Solid Snake? Leave no trace? Go for it, but it's going to take some time. Having both, without any cooldown is nonsense.

Two minutes cooldown assuming we're keeping the Crypto as is is fine, especially when any Joe Blow can hack open a door easily enough with a multitool, crowbar and screwdriver; sure it takes a couple of seconds, but it's perfectly stealthy and unlimited. What this forces you to do is moderate your Crypto use and employ it intelligently as opposed to spamming it and creating a huge mess for Engineering as every other antag that takes the thing always fucking does. Again, half of the issue is the broken shit left for Engineering, and the other half is how easy, spammable and mindless using this thing is. There's a reason pretty much every traitor buying items takes it.

As for your question, I see successful non-kamikazis pretty much all the time (most of them use the Crypto).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use