Construct Everything! & Deconstruct Everything!

Blood_Buske

I love to build in ss13 and remodel the station during the rounds.. Though somethings I cannot make.. or remove! So I was wondering if anyone else feels the same way or had ideas on what we should be able to build and or remove with in the game!

ATM's, Emergency Shutters, plastic flaps, slot machines, status displays, Intercomms, mass drivers, buttons, light switches, AI holopads, request consoles, Filing cabinets i think.. most vending machines also?

Edited by Guest

Holopad Construction:

#1: Metal (Holopad Frame; metal outline; pathable/walkable; autolathe can make these) +

#2: Wires (wire the assembly) +

#3: Microlaser (more powerful laser = bigger projection range; each laser upgrade adds +3 to projection range) +

#4: Reinforced Glass/Glass (reinforced glass makes it more durable/robust) +

#5: Screwdriver to complete

Holopad Deconstruction:

#1: Screwdriver to open maintenance locks. If maintenance lock is ID secured (Engineering IDs unlock and synthetics ignore the lock). Bash open maintenance panel.

#2: Crowbar out components.

#3: Wirecutters to cut wires.

#4: Wrench to disassemble frame.

Intercom Construction:

#1: Metal (Create intercom assembly; item; autolathe can make these) +

#2: Wrench (secure the frame to a wall) +

#3: Welder (weld the frame to a wall) +

#4: Wire (add wires to the assembly) +

#5: Optional (add a scanner module to increase the microphone range by +3 per level of the module)

#6: Screwdriver to complete

Intercom Deconstruction:

#1: Screwdriver to open maintenance panel. If maintenance panel is locked (Engineering IDs unlock and synthetics ignore the lock). Bash open maintenance panel.

#2: Wirecut all wires.

#3: Welder to unweld from wall.

#4: Wrench to unbolt from wall.

#5: Wrench to disassemble assembly; detaches any scanner modules used during its construction, which will spawn in the same tile.

Intercom Hacking:

Screwdriver/bash the maintenance panel open and have at it with a multitool or wirecutter:

Microphone Wire: Controls the microphone. Pulsing toggles active/deactive state. Cutting deactivates until mended.

Speaker Wire: Controls the microphone. Pulsing toggles active/deactive state. Cutting deactivates until mended.

Power Wire: Toggles intercom power when pulsed. Cutting depowers the intercom. Cutting and pulsing this is a shock risk.

Frequency Wire: Pulsing this increases the frequency range of the intercom. Cutting this prevents the intercom from sending or receiving communications.

Dummy Wire: Does nothing. Increases difficulty of hack.

/VG/ has actually made pretty much all of the mentioned things buildable, but, it's a pain to port them and ensure that they all work.

Hence why I could just try to make it for ourselfs :D I'm trying to learn byond code anyways.

Constructing Conveyour Tile:

#1: Metal > Create conveyour assembly (autolathe can make these much more quickly)

#2: Wrench > Secure assembly

#3: Wire > Add wires to assembly

#4: Screwdriver > Close panel and finalize.

Deconstructing Conveyour Tile:

#1: Screwdriver > Open maintenance panel

#2: Wirecutters > Cut wires.

#3: Wrench > Unsecure assembly

#4: Wrench > Disassemble unsecured assembly into metal.

Constructing Lever:

#1: Metal > Create lever (autolathe can make these much more quickly)

#2: Wrench > Secure level

#3: Wire > Add wires

#4: Screwdriver > Complete

#5: Select a conveyour belt array within 2 squares to control. Once this is set it cannot be changed.

Deconstructing Lever:

Constructing Conveyour Tile:

#1: Metal > Create conveyour assembly (autolathe can make these much more quickly)

#2: Wrench > Secure assembly

#3: Wire > Add wires to assembly

#4: Screwdriver > Close panel and finalize.

Deconstructing Conveyour Tile:

Constructing Lever:

#1: Metal > Create lever (autolathe can make these much more quickly)

#2: Wrench > Secure level

#3: Wire > Add wires

#4: Screwdriver > Complete

#5: Select a conveyour belt array within 2 squares to control. Once this is set it cannot be changed.

Deconstructing Lever:

Much love! I'll be sure to use this. :) was thinking cargo might have a new machine like the pipe dispenser but for conveyor belts

Edited by Guest

Holopad Construction:

Intercom Construction:

#1: Metal (Create intercom assembly; item; autolathe can make these) +

#2: Wrench (secure the frame to a wall) +

#3: Welder (weld the frame to a wall) +

#4: Wire (add wires to the assembly) +

#5: Optional (add a scanner module to increase the microphone range by +3 per level of the module)

#6: Screwdriver to complete

Intercom Deconstruction:

#1: Screwdriver to open maintenance panel. If maintenance panel is locked (Engineering IDs unlock and synthetics ignore the lock). Bash open maintenance panel.

#2: Wirecut all wires.

#3: Welder to unweld from wall.

#4: Wrench to unbolt from wall.

#5: Wrench to disassemble assembly; detaches any scanner modules used during its construction, which will spawn in the same tile.

Done. Need to do some tweaking though.

intercom2.png.c3a46c4aa24b103020e1f15a12ce2107.png

intercom3.png.fed6064d40a355c33e695adf46c5c3d0.png

intercom5.png.855d58b2bca2aa0d2150bffdd3d7b042.png

intercom2.png.c3a46c4aa24b103020e1f15a12ce2107.png

intercom3.png.fed6064d40a355c33e695adf46c5c3d0.png

intercom5.png.855d58b2bca2aa0d2150bffdd3d7b042.png

If at all possible, I'd love to see the Jukebox be de-constructible and rebuildable. Add something like a Capacitor or Scanner to increase the amount of songs that play from it. Could even add some speakers that could link to it to let people further away hear it. What songs to use would be up to the admins/coders, I'd suggest having some community input on it first, though for some reason I just want more 'Cage The Elephant' and stuff like 'No Rest For The Wicked' so I have something to listen to while I drink in the bar as a filthy tator. Also, I can't find a more appropriate song for SS13 than Short Change Hero

I tried to do this buuuuut nooooooooo.

https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/12

http://nanotrasen.se/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... 6&start=30

There's a reason I switched to /vg/

fun fact: the reason I even saw this because I was getting that post to get the date, considering you guys are finally actually getting LINDA.

I actually was here for this, The only thing I really liked was the ability to use buttons to make working airlocks.

Done. Need to do some tweaking though.

Awesome! Really looking forward to the conveyour belts.

I guess we'll need spritework done for the holopad and belt assemblies/partial assemblies.

I have the sprite work done for the belt assemblies almost done, The Holopad I still need to do.

Awesome. Really glad to hear it.

Airlocks really need a new deconstruction procedure so emagged airlocks can be dismantled without an RCD:

Screwdriver > Open maintenance panel.

Wirecutters > Sever all cables.

Multitool > Prime/unprime electronics for extraction (all cables must be severed for the multitool to work in this way; before the electronics are primed the crowbar will force the airlock open/closed if it is depowered).

Crowbar > Extract electronics.

Wrench > Unsecure airlock assembly.

Welder > Deconstruct airlock assembly.

Awesome. Really glad to hear it.

Airlocks really need a new deconstruction procedure so emagged airlocks can be dismantled without an RCD:

Screwdriver > Open maintenance panel.

Wirecutters > Sever all cables.

Multitool > Prime/unprime electronics for extraction (all cables must be severed for the multitool to work in this way; before the electronics are primed the crowbar will force the airlock open/closed if it is depowered).

Crowbar > Extract electronics.

Wrench > Unsecure airlock assembly.

Welder > Deconstruct airlock assembly.

doesn't that create a situation where anyone with a toolbox and the correct knowledge can defeat any door within seconds?

Nah, just tack on delays to each step along with conspicuous noises during them (beeps during the priming for example/wrenching noises during crowbarring) until it is adequately time intensive and conspicuous.

Besides, it's not as if current airlock deconstruction is materially more difficult, or time intensive; the main difference is that you can now disassemble airlocks even most emag.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use