Construct Everything! & Deconstruct Everything!

Blood_Buske

Awesome. Really glad to hear it.

Airlocks really need a new deconstruction procedure so emagged airlocks can be dismantled without an RCD:

Screwdriver > Open maintenance panel.

Wirecutters > Sever all cables.

Multitool > Prime/unprime electronics for extraction (all cables must be severed for the multitool to work in this way; before the electronics are primed the crowbar will force the airlock open/closed if it is depowered).

Crowbar > Extract electronics.

Wrench > Unsecure airlock assembly.

Welder > Deconstruct airlock assembly.

If I remember right you just take acrowbar and pop the emag electronics out.

Actually you don't need to weld doors shut right now to remove the electronics, at least on emagged doors. I've just been opening the panel, cutting the wires and using a crowbar to shove the fried board out.

Alright cool, so the context sensitive action recognizes that the door isn't capable of closing. I remember someone telling me that it was only possible to deconstruct emagged doors on the server via RCD when I ran Engi borg so I never checked; I usually just replaced them with new locks.

Still, I'd rather have a new process that doesn't involve having to weld the airlock shut, but that's a relatively minor thing.

On the subject of constructing and deconstructing, most electronics should have wires. Having the ability to make a remote controlled telepad would be godly.

Fur was a thing on nox at some point, iirc.

If it hasn't been suggested yet, using wirecutters/knives/shears? on clothes/shoes should give you cotton/fibers/fur so we can do something with all the clothes greyshirts litter crew quarters with.

Airlocks really need a new deconstruction procedure so emagged airlocks can be dismantled without an RCD

The point of an Emag is to make it stuck open or closed and not be able to be fixed, easily, though.

Any progress on the conveyour belts?

Also any plans for vacuum tube construction? Would be awesome to built a network that allowed for rapid transportation around the station.

Sorry Been busy at work, I was finishing up the fabricator, and I have been trying of how to get conveyor's to work right after they are built, Other wise we could have the building part done in an hour.. Just connecting them to button is a pain. As for the Vacuum Tube Construction, I already thing the ability to make them exists.. but Ill have to double check.

Sorry Been busy at work, I was finishing up the fabricator, and I have been trying of how to get conveyor's to work right after they are built, Other wise we could have the building part done in an hour.. Just connecting them to button is a pain. As for the Vacuum Tube Construction, I already thing the ability to make them exists.. but Ill have to double check.

Hey no problem; I'm just glad someone's working on it!

Also after playing Black Mesa, was inspired to submit a build sequence and concept for mobile deployable turrets:

Construction: (Perhaps the stationary turrets can be updated to use a similar build order and gain similar properties.)

Mandatory: Autolathe/10 Metal > Mobile turret assembly (Autolathe makes it much more quickly).

Mandatory: 2 Wires > Wire the turret assembly.

Mandatory: Turret Electronics > Add control electronics to the assembly (Autolathe and circuit printer both make this).

The following can be done in any order:

Mandatory: Add any gun of choice (ballistic weapons included).

Mandatory: Add a power cell (while the turret isn't secured above an electrified wire, it draws power from the power cell for operation, including for the use of energy weapons; its power cell will recharge while it's drawing power from the grid).

Mandatory: Add a proximity sensor

Mandatory: Add a camera array

Optional: Add a infrared sensor (allows the turret to trigger via infrared tripwire)

Optional: Add a scanner module (optional; allows the turret to detect and fire upon invisible creatures; the more powerful the scanner, the further away it can detect them).

Optional: Add a station bounced radio (allows the turret to report detected hostiles to a selected frequency).

Optional: Add a signaler (allows the turret to be remotely activated or deactivated with a signaler device tuned to the same frequency and code).

Optional: Add ammunition for ballistic weapons.

Mandatory: Screwdriver > Secure electronics and components.

Optional: Add metal or plasteel armouring; requires 10 sheets (Metal gives the turret 5 resistance to all damage and +25 HP. Plasteel gives it 10 resistance to all damage and +50 HP. Armouring also makes it take additional time to deconstruct).

Optional: Wrench armouring in place.

Optional: Weld armouring to frame.

Deconstruction:

If armoured:

Welder, help intent > Dismantle armour plating. This requires a lot of time (10+ seconds). Triggers anti-tampering mechanism.

Wrench, help intent > Unbolt armour plating. This requires a lot of time (10+ seconds). Triggers anti-tampering mechanism.

Swipe appropriate ID > Unlock maintenance panel

OR

Screwdriver > Unsecure maintenance panel. This requires a lot of time (10+ seconds). Triggers anti-tampering mechanism.

Crowbar > Open maintenance panel.

Screwdriver > Unsecure components.

Crowbar > Remove components (you are presented with a list of components to remove; you can also choose to remove all of them).

Wirecutters > Cut wires.

Wrench > Dismantle turret assembly into metal.

Repairs/Maintenance:

• Welder repairs brute damage.

• Wire repairs burn damage after opening the maintenance panel.

Replace the power cell by opening the maintenance panel, crow barring out the old cell and using the new one on the turret; any component can be replaced in this way.

Add ballistic ammo by opening the maintenance panel, and using the ammo on the turret.

Control Options:

Unlock the control panel with an ID that has control permissions. By default, the AI, Cyborgs, Captain, Security Officers and HoS have control permissions.

Set Permissions: Determines which access types can unlock the turret's controls and maintenance panel. By default the AI, Cyborgs, Captain, Security Officers and HoS can unlock both controls and maintenance, and Roboticists and the Research Director can unlock maintenance. ID access levels and specific individuals can be set to black or whitelists here for turret targeting. Whitelisted personnel/access levels are _never_ targeted.

Toggle Deployment: Turret deployment mode can be toggled on or off. While undeployed they can be carried as large items, and cannot do anything except toggle on or off, or deploy (they can still be repaired/dismantled while undeployed). While deployed, they can only be moved by dragging/pulling. A deployed turret can be secured by wrenching and welding it in place.

Set Power: Toggles power on or off. If it was made with a remote signalling device you can choose to enter and activate up to three frequency and code combinations: one turns the turret on, one turns it off, and the third toggles it on and off.

Radio Control: Only selectable if the turret was built with a radio bounced radio; allows you to toggle the speaker and microphone on or off, set the frequency of its radio, and whether or not it reports detections of targets and tamper alerts on its radio.

Motion Sensor Control: Can set whether or not the turret's motion sensors send alerts to the AI and/or Cyborgs, the sensor detection radius. If it was made with a remote signalling device, you can choose whether it sends signals on motion sensor activation, and the code and frequency of those signals.

Set Targeting: All targeting modes can be individually toggled on or off. They can also be set to Stun or Kill if the turret is equipped with an appropriate weapon.

• List Targeting: Standby, Whitelist, Unidentified, Arrest, Non-Synthetic and Blacklist targeting modes can all be separately toggled on or off. Any entity that is targeted by any active mode will be engaged by the turret unless that entity is on the Whitelist.

Whitelist: The turret will target all access levels and individuals that are not on the Whitelist.

Blacklist: The turret will target access levels and individuals on the Blacklist.

Non-Synthetic: Non-Synthetic entities will be targeted.

Unidentified: Unidentified entities will be targeted.

Arrest: Entities set to arrest will be targeted.

Standby: The turret will only target individuals that trigger other target settings as below. Standby is the default setting.

• Anti-Tamper Mode: Any creature without maintenance access which attempts to dismantle the turret will be targeted and fired upon. Any creature without maintenance or control access which attempts to move the turret (including unsecuring it) or change its settings will be targeted and fired upon. Any creature without control access which attempts to change its settings will be targeted and fired upon.

Return Fire: The turret will target any creature that damages it, unless it is on its whitelist.

Infrared Tripwire: When toggled on, set the directions of a laser tripwire the turret emits. The turret will target any creature that crosses a laser tripwire it emits unless that creature is on its whitelist.

Emag: Using an e-mag on a turret while its maintenance panel is closed will cause its maintenance panel to open. This triggers the turret's anti-tampering mode.

Using an e-mag on a turret while its maintenance panel is open gives your specific ID (if you have one) exclusive access to the turret's maintenance and control access. It will also remove you from its blacklist, add you to its whitelist, remove all other IDs and accesses from its whitelists and permissions, and remove the turret from the security network.

Miscellaneous:

• Deployed turrets count as camera nodes for the security network. The AI can only utilize them as camera nodes if it has control permissions for them.

• Deployed turrets the AI has control access for appear on the Robotics Control Interface.

Deployed turrets can be wrenched and welded in place like Emitters.

Deployed turrets can draw power from the grid by being wrenched above a powered wire. Their power cell will recharge while secured in this way.

The turret has a base HP of 75. This is increased to 100 with Metal plating, or 125 with Plasteel plating (see above).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use