Population Cap or Delisting.

Fj45

The server pop is too damn high.

RP has gone down. Snowflakes and metafriending is cropping up. Rounds are a mess of greytide and chaos.

There just aren't enough admins to handle this many players. The map isn't made for this many players. Hell, after a certain point (70+) it just becomes impossible to balance the game for the population.

Please, the server either needs to delist often (but for no longer then three days) or there needs to be a population cap.....50 would work.

I agree that once server pop goes over a certain number the station is difficult to manage. Near 100 players it becomes absolute chaos. A solution is definitely needed.

Delisting during peak hours sounds like a good plan. It deals with the greytide without affecting server population too much during slower periods in the weekdays. It will need someone who can set the server's listed and unlisted status on a regular schedule, however.

Population caps are a bad idea though. That will just keep good players out during peak hours, unless there's a form of whitelist (Which is a bad thing for obvious reasons). This also won't take into account players who are just observing the round or ghosting after death, who by staying will block out people who actually want to play.

This hasn't come up for a while so I do not remember what the reason was but I believe Mel does not want the server to be delisted and to keep it public, either that or he wanted to keep it in one state rather then toggling it every week.

Not to mention we have another server, if enough people start going over there more then more people would be inclined to join up.

The issues with the other server is that

A: Nobody is ever on there

B: There are no admins on or it stretches them across the two servers.

Kei, that is the only way I can see a population cap working.

This can be talked about for days, but in the end, it comes down to one simple sentence; Melandor has already stated that he is unwilling to constantly flux paradise on and off the listing. We are a listed server, however tough that might be to deal with.

I recall a round with 101 players on, two staff. One trialmin, and one mentor, styla and myself.

I remember a round with 76 players on, one staff. Myself.

It happened again the next day.

Please, please delist. Please. No-one will go to the second server, and I miss Paradise's RP, back when our peak population was 50 or so. Please, please delist.

As switching regularly is not on the table another possible solution is to delist the server for an extended period of time, let's say a week, then relist it once grey tide interest has moved to other servers. That way population should hopefully see a long lasting decrease while avoiding more then one or two switches.

Care should be taken though to limit how long the delist is. Last time there was a extended delist the server nearly became empty during slow hours, and in my opinion that's almost worse than high pop at peak.

As switching regularly is not on the table another possible solution is to delist the server for an extended period of time, let's say a week, then relist it once grey tide interest has moved to other servers. That way population should hopefully see a long lasting decrease while avoiding more then one or two switches.

Care should be taken though to limit how long the delist is. Last time there was a extended delist the server nearly became empty during slow hours, and in my opinion that's almost worse than high pop at peak.

That is exactly what we said we won't do. It has to be one or the other, Mel won't flip the switch constantly.

Listing the second server would be an ideea buuuut it would require the community to have WAAAAY more admins, so that seems out of reach.

How about a bot that sends adminhelps and player complaints to a list with the life of a week or two (can be opened and read then things can be dealt with , even so this is pretty hard to deal with too).

I'm out of ideas, delisting would be nice but if that's unreacheable now , someone might need to come up with a solution, or else we will just degrade to the point of disolving the community.

Alternate unlisting will not hapen, it has to be done manually and Melandor0 clearly stated that it is not an option.The choices are to be either permanently listed or unlisted. And we already saw what happened when we unlist for an extended perion of time, our average playercount dropped from 50 to 10, forming skeleton shifts.

And keep in mind that in some places the spring break just started, so we are getting an influx of players on vacations with nothing else to do. Hopefully this will end soon in a week or two.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use