Blue shield Revolver

RedFaction

I play a fair amount of blueshield, and something has always bothered me. I find it a bit redundant that the blue shield carries a non-lethal taser, and a non-lethal revolver. If you want to use lethal rounds in the revolver for emergencies you must modify it, but when fired there is a high chance it will just explode. My suggestion is to do away with the non-lethal all together, and just make the revolver lethal, without the chance of it exploding.

Now some might not agree, and say that the blueshield is there to protect the heads, and not to kill people. I 100% agree with that, and 99% of the time I believe the blueshield should only ever use non-lethal; but again that is where the taser comes in. We all know there will be those rounds, nuke ops, revolutionaries, so on; where you will require lethal force to protect heads. I've had plenty of times where using the lethal rounds have saved my life as a blueshield and the lives of heads. Times where lethal's were needed at that exact moment, and if I hadn't of modified it earlier it would have gone much differently.

Now this lethal weapon shouldn't be used on a whim, but when the situation calls for lethal force, in the same way an egun is used lethally by security. Blueshield is unlocked through spending karma, its not like every gr3ytide will be able to get a hold of the job. So there shouldn't be much fear of it being abused.

These are just my opinions on the matter, and I feel like it wouldn't cause much harm giving the blueshield a lethal revolver from the get go, or atleast removing the silly explosion chance. The gun exploding happens far too often, and just seems like a bit much to me.

Once again I want to state that I don't think the revolver should ever be used except in extreme circumstances, but the option should be there for those extreme circumstances, without the draw back of it exploding in your face the first time you pull the trigger.

I have found the revolver useful in several situations as a Blueshit, notibly for shooting dark lords and arsehats who I feel deserve broken bones but not death. I did however find out recently from others that e shields bloke ballistic rounds which I feel limits the usefulness of the revolver, if they were able to bypass such OP blocks it'd give a solid, very good reason for the blueshit to have a revolver. As relying on the detective for such things NEVER ends well for all parties involved.

I think that the shield blocks projectiles to make it a bit harder for the crew to use their own gear against them, should one of the Ops die.

Blueshield should have both consolidated into an energy gun.

Besides, a good Blueshield doesn't need anything more than your typical .38 revolver to get the job done. Even then, enough rounds will kill people.

Rubber bullets can be lethal, too.

Callin a rubber bullet 'non-lethal' is a misnomer to begin with.

Rubber bullets and beanbag shells are Less Lethal in that they usually don't pierce the skin, and when they do they don't mushroom or roll in the body to maximize damage. It's like calling a club the non-lethal alternative to a sword, hit a person in the head with a blunt object hard enough and they'll die, same goes for Less Lethal ammunition. Tasers, Stun Batons and E-Gun disabler shots are the only real non-lethals we have, aside from stuff like Flashbangs and Flashes.

Edit: All that said, I wouldn't mind seeing the BS getting a conversion kit for his revolver to allow him to safely fire .357 ammo (and having a small stash in his office for code blue/red situations.) There are many situations in which the taser and 38 won't cut it, giving the BS an E-Gun seems like a more reasonable option unless we are specifically trying to limit the number of e-guns available.

As much as I love playing bluesheild, I am completely against this idea.

More power should not be given to bluesheilds who historically have just acted like super sec.

Something I would like to see is perhaps a handheld crew monitor, but, only for death-alarm implanted persons.

Well i agree with you that many blueshields think they are security, this would help to highlight them. If a blueshield were to use this revolver to stop a criminal, everyone would raise hell. I cant really see this being an issue, as the blueshields that do use the revolver in its lethal form dont seem to abuse it.

Blueshields that hack the revolver are Blueshits right off the bat, the only reason it isn't 'abused' is because it has a chance to explode.

Like it's already been said, I'd like to see the Blueshield get an Egun instead of the taser/ .38 revolver.

That is a very biased and unfair opinion to make in this thread. I almost always modify the revolver and you know what, 99% of the time no one would ever notice. This is because a smart blueshield relys on the taser, saving the revolver for life threatening circumstance.

So yes call me a blueshit, lets bring ourselves to the level of name calling like small children.

There aren't many situations where you would need a lethal revolver until code red, and even then you can just grab an Egun/ lasergun from the armoury, which, when used in conjunction with the taser, is about ten tines better than the revolver.

Eguns have the lethal AND stun feature, I don't see the issue with it over the revolver.

Shooting an attacker with a revolver in the hand has the advantage of potentially breaking said target's hands, which can help the Blueshield stop an attacker from using their weapons. I know its not commonly seen to happen, but I like the option of breaking a bone of a Head's attacker. It ultimately makes them easier to capture both short term and over a longer period of time, considering they need surgery to fix it, which can allow Security to pin the filthy animal down.

Uh... the .38 is instastun, why would you need to break the hands in the first place? Even if they can get right back up, they're still disarmed, which leaves you some time to do another takedown.

which can help the Blueshield stop an attacker from using their weapons.

Add to the point any concealed weapons they may carry.

It ultimately makes them easier to capture both short term and over a longer period of time, considering they need surgery to fix it, which can allow Security to pin the filthy animal down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use