[MarkvA] Administration Complaint

SparklingD

Admin Key: MarkvA

Complaint:

Biased. allowing people to rulebreak, rulebreaks himself, unprofessional behaviour.

Round Starts, as useral, the one metagaming borg comes up and asks for an upgraded cell. I told him no. Then the other robotocists tries to change his cell. I stop him from doing so. Then the borg gets "mad" and starts flashing me, (don't know his lawset, but probbally breaking laws doing so as I told him to go away and didn't.). Contine to stop the other robotocist from changing his cell. When the other robocist thinks the cell is changed the borg states "Cell not upgraded". Other robocist tries again and borg says "Power cell still not upgraded." He ahelps then Mr "MarkvA" then states "that is not metegaming.", Well. I'm sorry but metagaming is universal, and it is metagaming.

27e4fd33bb0b3c01f6ac7251e7a2bfde.png

63f31a785203abcbbdf74cc566f151be.png

11ad8be1def99eeaa498d3bc1ee31339.png

c810cc67215167350d4db69fcb7ab8d8.png

d58fead1eafc4c92acf3ff789445f224.png

The borg was just made, he's memory fresh, he then decides even with a "full power cell" that the cell is insufficent and decides to go "seek an upgrade" even before he's done anything.

> How does the borg know he needs more power?

> How does the borg know that there even is more power avalible?

> How does the borg know there is even powerful cells?

> How does the borg know that his current "cell" isn't good enough?.

He doesn't he us using OOC knowledge to improve his game, but pure BS.

Then the hate training begins with this admin starting to be abusive towards me. Stating such like "And sure as heel not a reason for you to troll him.", "I think that's for me to decide, not you" <- Pure biased.

fa693a2d12edadea185296fbb2960ae9.png

Then starts going on about my previous record for a "trolling" offense which is completly irrelevent and is a personal attack on myself. Which clearly shows his un-professional side and short temper, two qualities that don't make a good admin. Then starts to get even more aggressive, infering I'm "stupid" but the use of "Need me to copy-paste you the definition of private?". Then after he 'threaterns' me multiple times, then states to me "I'd suggest you'd stop threatning me".

f6917e6895bf1c4463365d3cb9bbf923.png

617abaef15d2e34e88488981c73670b7.png

ed5a270e0e69ffd4c90b5346000d3fd3.png

Then starts to treat me like a lesser being, then talking to me like a plain idiot. Then states "Going to robotics at the start of the round is not metagaming" - It clearly is. "He did not break anyrules", "The only person breaking rules is you". I'm sorry, is removing a power cell from a borg breaking rules? I couldn't see it after he told me to re-read the rules.

ed5a270e0e69ffd4c90b5346000d3fd3.png

They then states that "If you are not willing to follow out rules", "Then you will be removed from this server." - Once again pure lack of professionalism, seeing as I broke rules and says I'm threatening him. "He did not" - Break the rules.

1f2a04fec9e4152652213bc24159c5a0.png

21fa816066732a0268609925446cc3fb.png

First off, I will start with this: We are not Baystation 12. A borg coming to ask for a cell upgrade at round start does not classify as part of our metagaming rules. Metagaming is not universal, every server has it's own definition and ideas about what classifies as metagaming and what does not. That decision is made by our administration staff such as MarkvA. Even if you attempt to claim the lore defense, obviously a cyborg would be able to tell the difference by the maximum reported charge of the power-cell.

In response to your second paragraph: It is all semantics of lore, but in the end it is up to the player to decide on that, but it isn't "Pure Metagame". The borg can see his power level, his max power level and his power drain. His advanced supercomputer can calculate the approximate time the powercell will last for him, and his advanced sensors can see better powercells on the nearby table, or is able to deduce that the fabricator can easily make better quality powercells for it to use. It's laws tell him to serve the station and crew in an efficient way, requesting the installation of a better powercell is not only allowed, but advised.

As for your screenshot, you are arguing about what the rules state with staff, and in the end, the rules are enforced and interpreted by the staff.

Then the hate training begins with this admin starting to be abusive towards me. Stating such like "And sure as heel not a reason for you to troll him.", "I think that's for me to decide, not you" <- Pure biased.
MarkvA is correct. You shouldn't be quickly replacing the borg's cell just to screw with him, and it is up to the admins to decide what is metagaming and what is not.

I do not see MarkvA losing his temper at any point during your conversation nor being unprofessional. You continued to argue with him against access to private admin notes against yourself which are for admins, not for the players they are placed upon. It could have been phrased better, certainly, but you entirely ignored his point that players do not get to view their own notes. You then went on to mock his words and state "Need me to make an admin complaint for being unprofessional?" which is, no matter how you put it, being used as a direct threat.

To your question: It breaks rule 7, Self antagging. Constantly removing and replacing a power cell from a borg is obviously just being done to annoy the borg and disable it, which a roboticist would not do unless the borg was obviously rogue. I suspect MarkvA started stating things more simply as it was clear that you were either ignoring or not understanding his point.

To add on, your view of borgs is severely flawed. Cyborgs have brains, unlike drones and maybe crewmembers. They can use their brain to figure out their cell is super shitty!

Because they can actually use their brain doesn't mean you ruin their round by repeatedly taking out their cell. Instead, you collaborate minds and you can use your brain too!

I don't see ANY threats made against you here, which makes your point that "he threaterned you" multiple times pretty meh, infact, you were the one who threatened him with this complaint. I also want to note how you say your past 'trolling' offense was completely irrelevant, but then you ask for private admin-only information which was this past trolling offense.

And finally, you are not an admin. This means you don't get to decide the interpretation of a rule-in this case metagaming- by your lonesome. You also note how a completely relevant fact about the strictness of our metagaming rules is irrelevant, and then call it metagaming. When you become the Head of Staff, these statements will be more likely to be considered, for future reference.

Round Starts, as useral, the one metagaming borg comes up and asks for an upgraded cell.

He ahelps then Mr "MarkvA" then states "that is not metegaming.", Well. I'm sorry but metagaming is universal, and it is metagaming.

The borg was just made, he's memory fresh, he then decides even with a "full power cell" that the cell is insufficent and decides to go "seek an upgrade" even before he's done anything.

> How does the borg know he needs more power?

> How does the borg know that there even is more power avalible?

> How does the borg know there is even powerful cells?

> How does the borg know that his current "cell" isn't good enough?.

He doesn't he us using OOC knowledge to improve his game, but pure BS.

This is not metagaming. Knowledge of NT systems, power cells, and their capacities would be known not just by crew, but by borgs. IRL, I know that batteries come in different capacities.

If I required batteries to function, I'd know more about them. If I was designing a borg, I'd include knowledge of power cells.

If there is a higher capacity power cell in eye-shot, sitting on the table, in robotics, then it can be assumed that the borg will know what it is and does.

There is no metagaming here at all.

While it could be seen as powergaming (pun intended), this is quite acceptable, as borgs require a cell to function. Being able to function for a longer time gives greater quality of life, and in fact helps them serve and protect the station and crew.

I told him no

Then the other robotocists tries to change his cell. I stop him from doing so.

Contine to stop the other robotocist from changing his cell.

Why did you stop the other roboticist from doing his job? If there is a problem with this, you could call security for IC problems, or adminhelp for OOC problems.

When the other robocist thinks the cell is changed the borg states "Cell not upgraded". Other robocist tries again and borg says "Power cell still not upgraded."

This would be the "trollish" behaviour. Had you just allowed him to replace the cell, they'd be out of your way in seconds.

Then the hate training begins with this admin starting to be abusive towards me. Stating such like "And sure as heel not a reason for you to troll him.", "I think that's for me to decide, not you"

I do not understand what "hate training" means, nor do I see where the bias is.

Then starts going on about my previous record for a "trolling" offense which is completly irrelevent and is a personal attack on myself.

Previous behaviour is not irrelevant - it is used to judge the suitability of players. Player notes are private and we are under no obligation to share them, much as you are not under any obligation to share any private notes you make about us or others.

Which clearly shows his un-professional side and short temper, two qualities that don't make a good admin.

Using player notes to assess players is quite professional and expect of admins. I see no evidence of losing his temper here, either.

Then starts to get even more aggressive, infering I'm "stupid" but the use of "Need me to copy-paste you the definition of private?". Then after he 'threaterns' me multiple times, then states to me "I'd suggest you'd stop threatning me".

If you can't understand what private means, the only logical conclusion is you are stupid, or willfully ignorant.

Then starts to treat me like a lesser being, then talking to me like a plain idiot.

As you were unable to understand or follow basic directions or the rules, then dumbing things down is required. Some players do not speak english as their first language. Some are idiots.

The only person breaking rules is you". I'm sorry, is removing a power cell from a borg breaking rules? I couldn't see it after he told me to re-read the rules.

Interfering with others play and not doing your job is against the rules, as is not following the directions of admins.

They then states that "If you are not willing to follow out rules", "Then you will be removed from this server." - Once again pure lack of professionalism, seeing as I broke rules and says I'm threatening him. "He did not" - Break the rules.

That is why the rules are there. I'm not sure what the problem with this is?

It is an admins duty to determine if someone is breaking the rules. Players are expected to follow their directions. If they disagree, you are allowed to submit an admin complaint for review by other staff.

My ruling here is that the admin complaint is without merit, and Mark was quite within his rights and duties.

I personally would have jobbanned you at the least.

Mark has shown mercy, a professional attitude and a reasonable disposition.

I was that borg. I would like to point out that the screen shots presented are intentionally misrepresenting the motivation behind the refusal to upgrade the power cell.

I play a borg by the name of FRANK. I have done so for around two or three months now. His personality is intended to be similar to the ERT I used to play as, and now cannot. I also use the FRANK persona as nuke op borgs, and occasionally as AI.

Yesterday, I noticed another player playing a borg, with the same name. FRANK. I joked about it offhandedly, and then thought nothing of it - I really don't care if someone else plays FRANK. Even if they do play it poorly. I can always claim to be a different model of FRANK.

The roboticist in question here claimed, upon my entry to Robotics, that I was not the "real frank" and to "get the fuck out".

Which is weird, because if we're talking about originality, I'm fairly certain I play the "real" frank. I tried to inform them of this via a short looc message, but it was ignored. I still needed the cell, because I was a medical borg, and I have found that the standard cell is much too small to use the defibrillator. I tried to ask the other roboticist to install the cell, and that is approximately when the above screenshots begin.

This has nothing to do with perceived metagaming on my part. This is a matter of metagaming on part of the roboticist in question; players may only have previous round knowledge of another player with that player's consent, and thus far I have not interacted with this roboticist in any way until today as FRANK, so any knowledge that I was in any way different from any other FRANK indicates the use of OOC knowledge IC. I have no actual evidence, but the only way any non-admin can tell who is playing FRANK is if they are either A. The other FRANK's player, or B. Are metabuddies with the other FRANK's player.

I hold no hard feelings towards the roboticist's player. I simply don't want the truth to be misrepresented, especially in a way designed to make me look bad.

I also would like to thank Mark for his prompt response to my ahelp, and the fair and just review of this admin complaint.

This admin complaint is a joke. You clearly show us that you in fact trolled a player. You prevented others from doing their job. You failed to understand that what the admin says is essentially what goes.

The amount of effort to be unreasonable at every chance is amazing. I am considering that you must be a dedicated troll or a truly impressive idiot.