Cataclysm DDA and why YOU should play it.

Nomzy

This game is fucking great.

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead can best be described as a zombie survival game, but just so much more.

The controls will make you be like "fucking unplayable" until you get a damn grip on reality, woman up, and fucking kick the shit out of everything and be the best.

You wish.

This game is a roguelike based in a zombie apocalypse type scenario, the game is originally ASCII but you have tilesets at your disposal. Us PROs use Retrodaysx20, but really just use whatever you feel like if you wanna play. Be warned of missing graphics if you use anything else, though.

This game is so fucking diverse too. In one character, you can be a newbie martial artist who happens to know ninjutsu, and in another you can be apart of the national guard but your character is a master damn sewer and nothing else.(if you put points into tailoring). For example, my character is a heavily-mutated god-tier massive killer who only gets hurt by spitters and their damn concentrated acid. Power armor, BIONICS, what more can you fucking ask for?

You can fistfight zombie hulks.

You can fistfight a jabberwock.

You can fistfight an actual horde.

And you can do all of the above, at the same time, while DYING!

FUN, RIGHT?!

Here, let me share you guys MY screenshots and moments in this game.

Totally none of them show off.

51dc2c4019.png

Above are some of my current characters traits, stats and skills.

Your skills can be affected by pain, which I am currently going through (FIRE FUCKING HURTS, OKAY?).

2a00bff3da.png

FUCKING JABBERWOCKS!!!! are weak.

to me.

atleast.

b98ce49875.png

MININUKE.

FUCKING MININUKE, WHO DOESN'T WANT THAT?!?!?

39cababb6c.png

MY CHARACTER SHOOTS LIGHTNING FROM HER HANDS AND THEN EMITS A SHOCKWAVE THAT STUNS ZOMBIES.

FUCKING ULTIMATE WARRIOR HERE.

5844a4bacf.png

HYDRAULIC MUSCLES HOLY FUCK

cfe94364fb.png

DELICIOUS RIGHT?

b36bbd12e7.png

YOU CAN CHUG MUSTARD.

CHUG

MUSTARD

c37337bba8.png

LOOKING AT YOU, NECA.

eb1d57afef.png

My hand slipped while trying to drink water.

Just get the fucking game.

http://en.cataclysmdda.com/

It might seem complicated when you first start, but it's so fucking worth it.

We also have a skype chat, of which I'll go ahead and start adding people in once they decide that this game is their jam.

Ahem.

/rant

• Like 1

Going through a horde with an armblade and a M2 Browning is certainly a fun thing to do. Not to mention how easy it is to add in new crap and modify it. Can't wait for the new patch.

MY CHARACTER SHOOTS LIGHTNING FROM HER HANDS AND THEN EMITS A SHOCKWAVE THAT STUNS ZOMBIES.

Your character is clearly a heathen WITCH

EAT CHAINSWORD

754cd5e172.png

But yeah, the crafting system is gorkdamn huge, this is a hand-crafted two-handed sword that drains gas to set itself aflame

18dd7e7485.png

(Dont worry about the scary weird words, just few descriptions are in other languages than english as reference to sumthin)

But even more interesting is the vehicle construction system, you can build your own vehicles, and they dont even have to be vehicles actually, it could be just a solar-powered floodlight/fridge/forge/chemistry lab. Or put rollerdrums on your tank and smash everything in your path

ce74791d1a.png

49bd5d3e1f.png

And in what other game can you have THIS?

4d41223f04.png

/showoffend

So, Adr, Nomzy and I seem to be playing this a lot.

We have a group conversation going on Skype so if you're playing, or learning to play, we can invite you.

I'm the token bad player in the group, so you can't die as often as I do...

ADR THINKS HE'S HOT STUFF EH

TAKE A LASER GREATSWORD I MODDED IN.

e79c784de8.png

IM THE EQUIVALENT OF HIS BANEBLADE IN HUMAN FORM.

6a373e9925.png

MLG MODDER HERE.

SO MUCH BIONICS I DON'T EVEN WANNA COUNT

3b4282f295.png

855e36f10b.png

My first game I spawned as a survivor with no traits/defects and no skills. I tried to spawn in a cabin in an evac zone but it didnt work so I ended up in the ass end of the forest. I ran around chasing a squirrel with a pocket knife for five minutes before killing a krek that had injured itself with a land mine by pelting it with rocks.

Then I stumbled across some corpses, looted them and was torn apart by a zombie gas operator.

I'm having some good fun being mad chemist mutagen maker at the moment, turning those zombies into slush never felt so good and I get to try and become super bionic raptor person.

Also, crafting system is very interesting once you actually get into it, I'm currently wanting to armoursmith some japanese armour to go with my Rising Sun.

Real men go out only with their bare fists, butt naked while wearing fuzzy cat ears and a fuzzy tail up their ass.

My character can take on a FEMA camp with:

telescoping umbrella (Albino)

bra

boy shorts

undershirt

and come out unscarred.

That's because hydraulic muscles with martial arts are horribly overpowered in that game

Ohohoho I'm no pussy

well...

debatable.

But I cleared that FEMA camp with no bionics used. At all.

Or that silly arm moving weird shit.

Don't you dare disgrace my name god damnit.

1986295cfd.png

This character is not even one day old.

I stepped outside the north exit to the shelter, bear. I close the door. I go to the southern exit, spotted jabberwock.

I walk towards it.

It walks towards me.

It kills the NPC that was with me.

It follows me into the basement where I kill it with my obviously original compact battle mop.

I go up the stairs and try to go look for a rock, where I spot another jabberwock. This one runs to me and crashes the roof on me, but battle maid stuff, which imodded in, is fucking durable.

I get my mop stuck in this one before even lightly damaging it. I grab the nearest two-by-four and start smashing it to hell. It gets moderately injured before I remember that battle maid/butler has trench knife, a profession but not a knife that I modded in.

I slice, dice, and shimmy around and kill the fucker.

Jabberwocks are easy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use