Making Civvies grey again

Mrs Dobbins

So wearing grey causes people to be agressive?

Theres a multitude of causes for civvies to be violent.

1. A lot of civvies are new players and don't really understand the game so they run around with a fire extinguisher.

2. Grief squads are a thing.

3. Why do you think the main tactic in Planetside is zerging? People don't know what to do so they follow each other. That leads to the most basic kind of greytiding (but it is possible that them all being uniform contributes to that)

Claiming that not wearing grey correlates with less civilian based violence seems shaky at best (I have no idea about the ban statistics, so I can't even see the correlation).

The truth is, inexperienced players, grief-squads and zerging will exist no matter what they wear.

On one hand, I do not like that there are "Civvy's" on a highly secluded research station doing illegal research.

On the other hand, I'm glad you can be an assistant without getting thrown out of a department now since Assistant is an actual job you can bug the HoP for.

When we hit 70+ players, it turns into NSS psychedelic.

Revert please.

It's not an urgent issue or something that's a grave problem/needs to be fixed or worked upon in our to-do list.

I haven't been on in a while, but I'm sure you can get vended grey jumpsuits, and when those come out, even more from cargo?

If not? It really doesn't matter. If people in differently colored jumpsuits bug you, I'm not sure what wouldn't.

Nobody said they couldn't use the clothing machines.

That was actually my point.

Wait, is there seriously going to be an argument on people not getting to spawn in a grey damn jumpsuit?

Agreed.

If the greytide dislike being 50 shades of grey then they can use a clothesmate.

besides, I remember reading through the PRs on /tg/ and they have a config option for rainbowtide.

I'd find the PR if I wasn't on my phone.

Agreed.

If the greytide dislike being 50 shades of grey then they can use a clothesmate.

besides, I remember reading through the PRs on /tg/ and they have a config option for rainbowtide.

I'd find the PR if I wasn't on my phone.

And it's off, by default; it's just an option for downstreams.

That was actually my point.

I was meaning they could use the clothing machines to get the colored clothing, if they really want it.

It's kind of annoying to see a wave of rainbow flying at you. The reason this change was made in the first place, according to /tg/, was to prevent assistants from becoming their own department, in a way. It didn't accomplish this purpose here.

Most of them don't really care if they spawn with grey or random colors, so it wouldn't be an issue to change it back in the first place.

I mean, then it wouldn't be an issue to keep it.

It's a very, VERY minor "problem" if you would even call it that.

If you can just go get colored jumpsuits, I'm not sure why it's a problem to get a grey one. All in all, it's not a very important subject, so don't be surprised if this suggestion gets buried.

I know I sound like an asshole here, but really, this is a very minuscule problem. You might ask, if that's a very minuscule problem, it's not gonna affect anything if we revert, but really, it's not gonna affect anything if we don't revert.

I didn't port this over to necessarily reduce "greytiding"; if it does have that effect, then I'm glad. That said, the reason I did it is to add a little variety and encourage interaction between players a bit more. Adding in 20+ alt job titles for civvie just so you could select your isn't really a viable thing--so the next best thing is making them spawn in with a random color. As an added bonus, if you don't like your color, it encourages you to trade with people who have a color you like.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use