Add Gamma Alert to Nuke Ope

Earthdivine

Gamma alert is something that is sadly very underused for how much actually relies on it. By the time it hits in Blob it's too late to do anything but Nuke and it never comes up even for Aliens.

How about when the nuke is activated and counting down, the station goes on Gamma Alert? This is as much as problem to the crew as it is to Ops. Do you take the time to arm up in the Armoy or go out and find the nuke? Can the Borg make it to the roboticist in time to get a module change, hoping its allies can fight the Nukies and get the Nuke? Should the ERT gear up with the special ops gear or rush to save the station?

It truly makes me sad cool stuff is gated behind Gamma and it never actually shows up as is. :(

I remember it once being a rule that if you can photograph a xenomorph or a nuke operative in full armour + weapon, then admins could call for Gamma Alert.

That isn't a rule anymore.

No, Ponies had an idea of you being able to scan an alien / syndicate gear and the station would go into Gamma.

It was an idea of concept and never actually added or worked further upon

Perhaps if we fax a photo that has a syndicate hardsuit or some syndicate items on it, the game will activate code gamma automatically.

I want to snipe some Ops with an LWAP.

Only 30% of ops are successful as is, and they really only have one working formula (Which is to hit telecomms, the AI, take the porter board, and blitz the bridge).

This will just make the formula of success drop even further for ops who try alternative methods. Ops really have no way to take on the Durand, because the Ion Rifle is bulky and can't be put in suit storage or anything, so it's always left behind.

More or less this is just a formula for security to steamroll the ops every round.

Also, as for the nuke counting down...

No.

There is no reason why, if sneaky operatives set us up the bomb unbeknownst to us, that the station should suddenly gamma and alert everyone.

>Only 30% of ops are successful as is, and they really only have one working formula (Which is to hit telecomms, the AI, take the porter board, and blitz the bridge).

This is quite wrong. Last time I was a successful nukie, we landed near toxins, one op spaced himself (lel), another one blew up the AI alone, and the rest of us planted a power sink on the platform leading to toxins testing. We went through maintenance, popped out near medbay, strolled into the captain's office, shot the captain, went back to the nuke, armed it, and left. And it wasn't the crew's fault, there were many experienced players there.

I really hate how now almost every ops team is going for the strategy Shadey mentioned. It's powergamey as fuck and it's slowly getting meta-countered because people now simply throw the teleport beacon out of the bridge.

Only 30% of ops are successful as is, and they really only have one working formula (Which is to hit telecomms, the AI, take the porter board, and blitz the bridge).

That seems very wrong. Hell, its hard to tell with nukies if the teams are just idiotic or if there is some balance.

>Only 30% of ops are successful as is, and they really only have one working formula (Which is to hit telecomms, the AI, take the porter board, and blitz the bridge).

This is quite wrong. Last time I was a successful nukie, we landed near toxins, one op spaced himself (lel), another one blew up the AI alone, and the rest of us planted a power sink on the platform leading to toxins testing. We went through maintenance, popped out near medbay, strolled into the captain's office, shot the captain, went back to the nuke, armed it, and left. And it wasn't the crew's fault, there were many experienced players there.

I really hate how now almost every ops team is going for the strategy Shadey mentioned. It's powergamey as fuck and it's slowly getting meta-countered because people now simply throw the teleport beacon out of the bridge.

90% of the time you'll have a team who's new to Nukies, and there will be a few who're not very robust... Hence why I state the formula. It's not the only way to win as nukies, no, but it's pretty much the only tried and tested route to a victory (And even then, I've seen this fail).

I throw the beacon out of the bridge because it's just the safe thing to do. Nukies tele to the teleporter room and almost never direct to bridge. Getting to the teleporter room is just one door (And then you can get in the bridge). If you're stealing something off the bridge the teleporter is an ideal way of cutting down on having to hack a bunch of doors in plain sight. (You can double back by hacking into the windowless Captain's office).

I have also seen bombs teleported onto the bridge as an assassination method, so there's that too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use