IPC Pain

Shadeykins

Make IPC's able to use radio at all times regardless of their current health.

IPC's don't feel pain and therefore should not be able to be "in too much pain to use the radio".

It'd also add an extra consideration to anyone tasked with taking out an IPC as an objective.

I really hate the no speaking over the radio while in soft crit thing. It REALLY fucks people over.

If you happen to lose a limb, even, you can no longer speak over your radio. Yech.

I think it should be kept, it lowers the survival rate of those who dont afraid of anything because they're marines veterans from space vietnam.

It doesn't, actually.

It's annoying, admittedly, but it's partly there because of how durable humanoids are on our server; normally you go into crit at 0 health (100 damage)---here, you go into soft crit at 0 health, which has a chance to make you fall over "in too much pain to keep going!" You don't go into crit until -50 health (150 damage).

This used to be stronger than it was (if you were stunned you couldn't use the radio either), but I kept the "soft-crit = unuseful radio" in place so traitors wouldn't be completely screwed over when they were assaulting someone ";traitor science!" since it effectively meant extra shots with a revolver, esword, or other such thing to stop them from talking.

Could eliminate the additional pain that broken bones/organs causes to reduce this from occurring so soon, but this does reduce realism a bit.

Or could go hardcore SS13 and make you go into crit right at 0 health.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use