Unlist plz

andrewmeythaler

When we were unlisted, and had to play 5 man rounds constantly, I was vehemently in favor of unlisting. But yesterday, when when we passed the one hundred man mark, I think it's kinda maybe time for delisting for a couple of weeks?

Oh, and splitting the community is never a good idea.

When we were unlisted, and had to play 5 man rounds constantly, I was vehemently in favor of unlisting. But yesterday, when when we passed the one hundred man mark, I think it's kinda maybe time for delisting for a couple of weeks?

Oh, and splitting the community is never a good idea.

Thats what Goon does, the playerbase just needs to get used to the Idea of a second server and eventually they will split it up. That said, a week might not be enough time for them to get used to the idea.

I remember a similar conversation was had the last time we were consistently at 100+ players. Back then we had Sigurd (when it was heavy rp). People who complained about the rp standards or the grey tide were told to shut up and go over to Sigurd. So I gave it a try. I found a sever population of 8 people with 6 of them being SSD.

Astoundingly Sigurd was later shut down. While I agree we shouldn't try and split the community, frankly that isn't going to happen. What is going to happen is a 100+ player server, filled with unhappy players and stressed admins; and an empty server that the staff are wasting their money on.

Edited by Guest

Sigurd wasn't shut down, it was basically just broken while we switched some code around and it took a bit to get it going again.

The bigger problem with sigurd is that there was never enough of a sustained player population after we delisted - people would join constantly when we partnered with paradise, but because it'd be 10-15 minutes between each person joining, someone would join, get bored, then log off within that timeframe and there'd never be enough people online for anyone to go "Hey, I'll play this round".

Actually, sigurd's a good example of why keeping the server listed is a good idea - Sigurd used to see rounds with 30-40 players, but because it remained a private server, as players dropped off, nobody new came along to replace them, and by the time we'd partnered with Paradise it was too late.

Sigurd is now back up and running, and we have the unlisted paradise shard as well. Both servers will see use if they can maintain enough players at certain times of the day to convince others to join or stick around.

Sigurd wasn't shut down, it was basically just broken while we switched some code around and it took a bit to get it going again.

The bigger problem with sigurd is that there was never enough of a sustained player population after we delisted - people would join constantly when we partnered with paradise, but because it'd be 10-15 minutes between each person joining, someone would join, get bored, then log off within that timeframe and there'd never be enough people online for anyone to go "Hey, I'll play this round".

Actually, sigurd's a good example of why keeping the server listed is a good idea - Sigurd used to see rounds with 30-40 players, but because it remained a private server, as players dropped off, nobody new came along to replace them, and by the time we'd partnered with Paradise it was too late.

Sigurd is now back up and running, and we have the unlisted paradise shard as well. Both servers will see use if they can maintain enough players at certain times of the day to convince others to join or stick around.

This is why I liked our old system of switching between listing and unlisting. When the player count reached too high we would unlist. When it dropped to low we would relist. 100+ player games aren't good for anyone, and neither are 15 player games. I just think we should be smart about this and use a bit of discretion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use