Remove Object Embedding in Melee

DaveTheHeadcrab

What are your general opinions on melee weapons sticking in wounds?

What I would like to see happen is this only occur when an object is thrown at a person, and not when you slice someone with the weapon. I generally find this confusing as an addition. because all it does is put someone's attacks through an RNG to see if they lose their weapon arbitrarily or not, and it otherwise serves no real gameplay purpose I can think of. Thoughts?

When a weapon sticks in an enemy, historically and realistically speaking, you put your dirty-ass boot on them and pull it out. Only a complete numbskull would get his weapon stuck in someone and then just go: "Huh, well, guess that's lost forever." before letting it go.

Basically, it's obnoxious, doesn't seem to add anything to the game, and doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't make much sense to have small weapons such as knifes stick embed, but, I think it makes for a more fair fight when larger weapons such as axes get stuck in the enemy.

RNG isn't exactly what I would call "fair" and really, big weapons like fireaxes/E-swords are pretty balanced already.

Yeah, the embedding is really annoying in combat, and it's really noticable in highlander, where if your claymore gets stuck in someone on the first hit you do, GG. If it were to be kept in, at least make it do triple damage or something if that happens, or knock the person down long enough to pull the damn thing out again, because losing your weapon in a single hit in equal combat due to RNG hating you is no fun.

Also chaplain losing his null rod in a cultist's head kinda screws him over until surgery is done.

Remove or make it rare enough. And disable it for more shit, like the null rod (never even heard of it getting stuck!).

The claymore is way too annoying.

And I love the idea of this "sticking in wound" shit being in fact crittical damage and knock over.

If an energy sword got stuck in you, it would slice you right in half along with your insides.

If someone threw a knife at you, it would stick inside.

Other than that, this feature is unneeded and irritating.

Dave has made a proc for this; he or I just need to go through and start adding this to a few high-damage items (fire-axe, cleavers, toolbox of robustness, etc)...I seriously doubt a fire-axe can get embedded in a wound.

Thank goodness bullets don't cause dismemberment anymore, as well.

I am not sure what we agreed on here, but in case some weapons still keep stuck in bodies:

It should either be faster to pull out a weapon, the time you need to find/type that verb is annoyance enough, or make it so that pulling out a weapon deals some massive damage.

Also there should be some very distinctive noice it makes when a weapon gets stuck. One round i just didn't notice it getting stuck and ran around with a hatchet in my head for like 3 minutes until i was wondering why i still take additional damage...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use