Diona ability! (As if Diona weren't OP enough...)

fludd12

So, my GRAND AND PROBABLY HARD TO CODE idea is for Diona to be able to become a sort of mini-gestalt on station.

Basically, you need to consume insert-arbitrary-amount-of-food here, and then are capable of planting yourself down. Once you do, it basically makes you a sort of strange cross between space vines and blob, where you can grow yourself intentionally outwards, but people are still able to walk over you.

If you grow over a machine or computer, you can eventually upgrade that root to be able to control it. You can also make roots transform into item-using roots, storage roots, "wall" roots to protect yourself , and conveyor roots for transporting non-holdable items.

Finally, if you want to go back to being a diona capable of actually moving, you must first collect all of your roots back into yourself, and then you are able to move. Until then, you are a sitting duck (besides your walls).

You'd be VERY vulnerable to fire, and because your roots are thinner outside of your collective mass, anything except for root walls will be susceptible to physical damage.

I figured this'd go well with lore, and make diona have an industrious option, instead of walking around at the speed of a limping snail. Of course, it needs some sort of problem with growing too far, or something. Figure that part out yourselves.

Well, FJ45, as much as I thought out the benefits of the thing, I still haven't thought of balancing. Any suggestions you could make to have it less abuse-able?

Have a limit for how far it can grow.

Erase the idea of being able to control computers.

Have a weight limit on what can be transported via the conveyor belt things.

Have a vision limit so they can only see the tiles next to the vine you're currently looking at, unless you're looking at your character (Or perhaps another Diona, if they're also planted and their vines are connected to yours, perhaps?).

Make it so that the vines cannot break things like windows (I can seriously see a Diona using this ability to cut open a hole into security during a rev/ cult round. Or even as a normal traitor. Don't let that happen please.).

Personally, I'd rather keep the console control, but definitely remove the ability to destroy things with vines. Also, having multi-diona interfaces sound very interesting! Mostly, the reason I thought this up, was my frequenting of Xenobiology, which required lots of movement, and I thought that a diona becoming a living factory fit in with the lore quite nicely.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use