Infant Punter

Spacemanspark

Admin Key: Infant Punter

Complaint: It was a changeling round. My character name was Luke Tennant.

C17:RL:TAP-3 says, "<:: Speak. ::>"

This was the first time I saw this person. I assume this is Infant Punter. Seeing this, I figured it was no big deal, a pretty neat RP idea, though I would have thought they would be an IPC for this, rather than human. They were a security officer, and presumably either get fired or resign later.

Then this happens, way later.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Arrivals Announcement Computer [145.9] states, "CP RL.QUICK-, Security Officer, has arrived on the station."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Immediately, I'm suspicious. Seems like metagaming to me, but I decide to ignore it for the time being, as there were other things to attend to. Didn't pay attention much to what they were saying or doing later until I came across them in the hallway near the bar. The area was under attack by an angel statue (Came from a gold slime core, I presume.), so I took measures to make sure they or the statue wouldn't manage to kill me easily.

------------------------------------------------------------

CP RL.QUICK- says, "<:: Wall."

C17:RL:TAP-3 says, "<:: Hold it! ::>"

Luke Tennant has been prodded in the right hand with the stunbaton by CP RL.QUICK-!

Luke Tennant has been prodded in the head with the stunbaton by CP RL.QUICK-!

Luke Tennant screams!

ÿ!You inject Luke Tennant with the emergency autoinjector.

ÿYou feel a tiny prick!

ÿ!5 units injected. 0 units remaining in the emergency autoinjector.

ÿCP RL.QUICK- misses Luke Tennant with the stunbaton!

ÿCP RL.QUICK- misses Luke Tennant with the stunbaton!

T.E.R.R.A. [145.9] states, "KARR detected on the bridge, attacked."

T.E.R.R.A. [145.9] states, "Correctly, SSD."

--------------------------------------------------------

Out of nowhere, they run up to me and attempt to stun me. I use tramadol and stun one of them with a telescopic baton. At this point I am blinded by a statue, and flee. However, I did get to see that both of these guys are in full SWAT armour.

C17: RL.QUICK-1 [145.9] says, " <:: Dispatch, we are experiencing heavy resistance. Minor casualties reported; continuing prosecution."

They are also shouting random codes into the radio.

C17:RL:TAP-3 [145.9] says, " <:: State 10-20 of known 505 647E. ::>"

Key to later. The Head of Security has informed me they have been attacked and wounded by the two humans (C17: RL.QUICK-1 [145.9] says, " <:: Unit attacked multiple protection team units; be advised for BOLO; HoS."),

and they are definitely hostile, probably having attacked others as well. I find them near the bridge, and open fire. I presumed they were griefers of the sort, though I had no idea how they got the armour.

-------------------------------------------------------

You fire the energy gun!

ÿC17: RL.QUICK-1 is hit by the laser in the head!

You fire the energy gun!

C17: RL.QUICK-1 points to the wall

You fire the energy gun!

You fire the energy gun!

T.E.R.R.A. [145.9] states, "Statue, if you are sentient, please target the C17 units."

Luke Tennant says, "Desist!"

I take a moment to observe one of them.

This is C17:RL:TAP-3!

They are wearing a metropolice helmet on their head.

They are wearing a metropolice suit.

They are holding a ÿStechtkin pistol in their right hand.

They have a stunbaton about their waist.

They have a metropolice mask on their face.

They are wearing C17:RL:TAP-3's ID Card.

Criminal status: [None]

Security records: [View] [Add comment]

I note the Stechtkin, and, having already sustained injuries from earlier, decide the best course of action is to retreat. I don't see them again, although they are still spamming radio codes over the common channel.

I later end up PMing the admins to inquisite on this and another matter, and get this response:

Event to-Tigercat2000: On top of that, there are two guys with funny names running around metagriefing.

Event from-Trial AdminTigercat2000: that would be infant punter and a friend

Right.

This contributed nothing fun to the round, in an already chaotic round. There was a gold slime core released in the brig, changlings running around, etc.. It seemed like the admin in question, Infant Punter, was only creating fun for himself.

I too believe I was there for this round.

I heard a lot over comms about them being rogue, and attacking people and steered clear of it. However, Admins do look over the population, and ensure we are all having fun, and I imagine being stuck listening to problems about geroge melonz every shift can be draining on the best of us. As long as they have fun reasonably, and don't bluespace barrage the station, I see no problem, and besides, the ensuing chaos made it pretty easy for traitors, which isn't that bad when you think about it.

I too believe I was there for this round.

I heard a lot over comms about them being rogue, and attacking people and steered clear of it. However, Admins do look over the population, and ensure we are all having fun, and I imagine being stuck listening to problems about geroge melonz every shift can be draining on the best of us. As long as they have fun reasonably, and don't bluespace barrage the station, I see no problem, and besides, the ensuing chaos made it pretty easy for traitors, which isn't that bad when you think about it.

Attempting to take players out of the round is not fun.

A more complete pastebin that I cannot post due too IC/OOC names and information people might not want to give out, has been created in the Admin only section of the forum for other admins to read.

I will however add my own opinion with a few situations that happened that I as an admin would not agree with

Firstly theres the fact that for the entire first half of this incident where infantpunter was just alone, He was simply doing nothing more then being a weird named shitcurity officer who is an ass to people who do not apply gloves or give off their CID (a term used in half life that shouldn't even be used in ss13 because no one will recognize it)

They then proceed to arrest two others for such crimes as standing around, and not changing the name on an ID even though the HoP has full authorization to reject this

and then we come too the part where the real abuse happened in my opinion, I will grab a few parts of the logs here

There is the creation of weapons

-[04:01:49]ADMIN: Infant Punter/(C17:RL:TAP-3) created a /obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/automatic/pistol

- [04:02:16]ADMIN: Infant Punter/(C17:RL:TAP-3) created a /obj/item/weapon/silencer

this with the addition of infinite power cells to power their batons

- [04:15:31]ADMIN: Infant Punter/(C17:RL:TAP-3) created a /obj/item/weapon/cell/infinite

Then there is the getting caught by the AI after which the two of them got out by doing the following

- [04:39:39]ADMIN: Infant Punter/(C17:RL:TAP-3) deleted Maintenance Access at (124,110,1)

And as a cherry ontop of the pie

- [04:42:26]ADMIN: Infant Punter/(C17:RL:TAP-3) created a /obj/item/weapon/grenade/syndieminibomb

- [04:42:34]SAY: C17: RL.QUICK-1/Swagile : <:: Deploying bouncer at 10-20; Escape Shuttle. Dispatch refuses to listen to directives.

which later resulted in

- [04:45:14]GAME: Infant Punter/(C17:RL:TAP-3)? has primed a syndicate minibomb for

detonation at - [04:45:19]GAME: Explosion with size (1, 2, 4) in area Escape Shuttle Hallway

I recreated the explosion in the test room later on and it is not a big one

83f8bf709f1a83da83e551c926d247bf.png

This explosion did however still create a breach, which could and probably would have occurred in the escape hallway which just before the end of the round probably caused alot of problems a few minutes later when people wanted to escape on the shuttle (i can not tell exactly however)

Hey, I was HoS that round so I figure I may be able to help clear up the story. Don't really know if I'm in line posting here, but here is my 2 cents anyways. ( I didn't take logs, mainly since I don't know how. So feel free to take this with a grain of salt)

If InfantPunter was in fact C17 the entire game. I demoted him earlier for being absolute shitcurity and attempting to arrest the HoP for not giving him additional access. Now I do not know if this had any bearing on why he decided to do this event (I dont really think so), I also know that on 2 separate occasions him and his friend had me alone and could've easily killed me. I was stunbatoned, but spared the first time, and the second time I fired first upon them, at which point I was put into crit after running out of ammo. Im not 100% on this but an unarmed brig physician was able to pull me onto the shuttle, leading me to believe they didn't attack people unarmed? Again, I'm not really sure, but overall I know myself and quite a few other people enjoyed the event.

(edit) Reread some of the other posts in the thread. Id also like to point out we were positive both lings were either dead or captured. There were no antags left. Also I think this is one of the better ways for an admin to have fun, I know your jobs are hard and this is much better than the "Ultimate beam of Corginess" I saw last time admins were bored

- [04:42:34]SAY: C17: RL.QUICK-1/Swagile : <:: Deploying bouncer at 10-20; Escape Shuttle. Dispatch refuses to listen to directives.

Oh, hey, it's Swagile. Great guy, typically.

More on topic, thanks for looking into this, guys.

...(edit) Reread some of the other posts in the thread. Id also like to point out we were positive both lings were either dead or captured. There were no antags left. Also I think this is one of the better ways for an admin to have fun, I know your jobs are hard and this is much better than the "Ultimate beam of Corginess" I saw last time admins were bored

I for one can tell you that is not true, as I was actually a changeling at the time of this, and used this as a distraction for some unsavoury things.

Yes, there was one the captain loyalty implanted and released earlier in the round. He completed his objectives because we let him absorb the other ling. If there were more than 2 then I'm wrong, or maybe the one taken under the cap's wing ignored the implant