Make MODs have retractable helmets

Maturin

The MOD has the feature to deploy the whole suit from the backpack so everyone can assume that the suits are transformable so it would be a convinience as well as a cool feature and for sec an identifier to have just the Helmet not be "removable" but for it to retract in a similar way as the Explorer suit hood.

It would also be a convenience in the way that you don't need to remove the whole suits just to show your face when needed which is a slow process.

Edited by Maturin

You can deploy parts of the suit manually to allow for a no-helmet look, but unfortunately you can only do so with the suit powered off, so you have to suffer a heavy movespeed debuff 

• clown 1

I personally don't understand why the MODsuit can't be powered and lower it's helmet at the same time. Other servers just disable the usage of most modules while the helmet or other pieces are reeled in. 

On 1/24/2024 at 7:52 PM, MattTheFicus said:

WYCI :^)

how bout you code some bitches huh

bet you never done thought of that yeah, you ain't ever had any

(Also the functionality could probably just be ported from another server that has it)

• fastparrot 1
  • explodyparrot 1
  • dead 1

I did not do this when porting it, as either I missed it in code or it was a tg downstream. As well, I would rather not be able to quickly retract a helmet in order to apply a brute / burn mender through the modsuit which normally would require emaging the automender. If automender healing was limited to head when helmet was retracted, I would be more OK with this.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 10:36 PM, Qwertytoforty said:

I did not do this when porting it, as either I missed it in code or it was a tg downstream. As well, I would rather not be able to quickly retract a helmet in order to apply a brute / burn mender through the modsuit which normally would require emaging the automender. If automender healing was limited to head when helmet was retracted, I would be more OK with this.

Fair... :(

On 1/27/2024 at 3:36 PM, Qwertytoforty said:

If automender healing was limited to head when helmet was retracted, I would be more OK with this.

another reason to remove automenders

how difficult would it be to actually code that behavior?

• clown 1

13 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

how difficult would it be to actually code that behavior?

You could instead make it normal behaviour, and only have automenders mend the exposed bodyparts, by having it run a quick check before it starts mending

Feel free to ask me if you want to code this in

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use