SQL Database fix/rollback

melandor0

Zomgponies fixed the SQL database.

About 9 days of information were lost. This includes forum posts, karma, all that stuff.

Absolutely nothing anyone in the universe short of Morgan Freeman can do to bring it back.

It's either this or broken character creation. We're sorry.

There goes all of Regen's forum work (And my 2nd mentor application tgat was vastly improved) , but at least it's worth it so people can stop complaining. It was really annoying since mine always worked.

Praise the fix.

These things happen as databases are fun adventures sometimes, thank you to the code team for your dedication.

Karma loss is never fun but much of the value of Karma is the joy you get from seeing it increment as you somebody somewhere thought you did a good job, 11 Karma is a small price to pay for being free of the fear of the character setup button. The loss of forum and wiki data is a hard hit to many who’s contributions were lost.

Hate to be that guy, but can I have my three karma back? I worked hard for it.

If he hasn't already, Ponies might run some Karma events to get karma back.

I lost my BlueShield, but I was set to 23 karma, and gained 6 the following round after. So I think I'm pretty good.

Stuff was lost, but at least we didn't get a compete corrupt Database, and we got a better system for it now as well, so at least we can learn from it.

If anyone wants to help out in restoring the forum to what it was that would be great, I have some memory of what was added, but I can't exactly remember everything.

Contact me with PM or whatever

Due to the extreme amount of work it would take and the possibility of errors, no karma will be rewarded again. Apologies for this, but currently fixing the bans, fluff items, wiki, forums, and other things have to take priority.

Additionally, if you messaged me (or anyone) in the forum recently, please re-send them. Especially if it was about fluff items, as I'll need to re-do them.