White hole container / A way to stop the singularity

Kluys

So i've taken a look at power generation on the station

You can use the power generators which require materials so they arent used all that much

You can use the solars, they are the safest option so when there is a really competent engineering team you usually end up with a station run soley on solar power.

You can use the supermatter which has a chance to explode and spam the common radio with shitey messages about the delamination percentage but it would warrant a shuttle call when it gets destroyed so an avarage engineering team uses this engine as their power source

and then there is the singularity that is most often used when there are new engineers.

The singularity is the only engine that, when it goes. causes an almost immidiate shuttle call, Its a round ender.

What i would like is an item that a competent engineering team can throw into the singularity, making it dissapear entirely.

We already have bags of holding that can do stuff too the singularity from what i understand but those require diamonds and lots of research.

I hereby present my idea: an unstable white hole contained in a sort of containment device http://s28.postimg.org/qs0pwcf8p/singul.gif

(the image is already available in dmi form so if this idea is used i have it ready, used the circle part of the singularity generator to make it)

I would like this thing to be stored in the room where we have the gravity generator or something, secure storage seems a little close too the singularity

How it works: it starts of in its room turned off, just the device withouth the orange pulsating stuff on the inside.

When the singularity gets released you turn it on and let it be sucked in by the singularity after which both it and the sing will dissapear

HOWEVER: to keep it from being turned on round start and put behind a piece of glass next too the singularity (thus making it impossible to release the sing because it would just eat it immidiatly. The device should actually act kinda like a reverse singularity pushing any loose object and person withouth magboots away from it when it is turned on.

That would defeat the entire purpose of it, I want it to be available round start because currently the only way to stop a singularity from what i've heared is to make bags of holding and throw those in which are late in the science tree

That would defeat the entire purpose of it, I want it to be available round start because currently the only way to stop a singularity from what i've heared is to make bags of holding and throw those in which are late in the science tree

Thats a myth, Bag of holding won't destroy the singularity, nor will a big bomb or anything of the likes

I think the explosion erases the singularity, it seems from the code below it that it does the same thing when a singularity hits another singularity

EDIT: nevermind i think its del(S) that does it but that could be added too this thing too

I think the explosion erases the singularity, it seems from the code below it that it does the same thing when a singularity hits another singularity

EDIT: nevermind i think its del(S) that does it but that could be added too this thing too

As you can see

If its a bag of holding it creates an explosion based on how big it is

RETURN

if it is another singularity it absorbs the singularity and most of its stuff and deletes it

Maybe if the singularity had a monitor that announced when it grew in size and if containment was up, it could reduce the amount of loose singularities.

I'm mean this might have to be coded to the emitters and generators that spawn in(and maybe not work if they are replaced) but that would be better than nothing

Perhaps instead of a thing that destroys the singularity, the Chief Engineer could have access to a singularity beacon like the ones Syndicate can spawn.

That way a canny engineering team could tow the beacon out into space and keep the escaped singularity safely away from the station while they try and repair the engine.

But that would make it almost impossible to release as a traitor :V

Doesn't stop people blowing the supermatter, someone sets up all three emitters, it almost impossible to space in time

For an engineer to get to it and fix would take long enough for it to eat a bit of it's containment, especially if whoever sabotaged it put up some 'obstacles', or cut containment

But it would stop dumb engineers letting it out by accident

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use