Abydos2 complaint.

Kiirno

Admin key: Abydos2

My ckey: Kiirno

My discord name: Studious Cirno

Date of incident:June 13th 4:20AM (GMT)

Nature of complaint: Either misconduct or abuse of powers.

Description of the events: The trial admin who had initially raised my warning to a banned, reviewed my appeal, declined, and closed it without giving me any chance to further explain my appeal after he had said stated that I had not given enough information.

While my warning was for validhunting, which I would be happy to have explained to me more thoroughly,

My appeal was for the banning that had come about after the warning.

Abydos2 didn't make this distinction and shut down the appeal.

Edited by Kiirno

Admin's version of events:

Kiirno was playing the Research Director, during a vampire round. She built a Oddy mech, filled it with holy water.. attack logs from the mech showed that she had then shot two people with syringes. One of them was an Unathi Scientist, Zander Cypret, the other was an IPC scientist/robotics E.I.G.H.T. A member of science noticed what you were doing and ahelp'd about it, asking if what you were doing was legal and allowed.

I spoke to you at the time, and you showed no apologetic behavior, nor seeming to understand why what you did was wrong. I thought I finally got through to you and only applied a warning to you, asking you to not do it again. You then brought it up again though, arguing with me as you felt it was not "Full validhunting" as you put it, which lead to me job-banning you as that's a very dangerous mindset to have as a member of command, not seeing your actions as validhunting. This was not a perma ban from the server, merely command that I had explained to you at the time and asked for you to appeal it after you read the rules.

You then brought your job-ban up upon the public discord, claiming how me, as a "trial admin" I had banned you. I warned you to never speak or bring up ban issues on the public discord, as did others as you were directed to the forums.

You wrote the ban appeal, See here: 

I went over the appeal with @Shockpoint and even showed him my response, being given the green light to both post my response and deny the appeal given the reasons about it. I shall explain why within the reasoning section.

You then went back onto the public discord, stating and I quote ">Trial admin who perma'd me declined my appeal. Fuck this I'm out guys." Which had lead to me banning from the public discord as you were bringing up ban matters once again.

Admin's reasoning for actions:

My reasons for applying the job-ban was having a really dangerous mindset on what you deem validhunting or not, especially within your own department as a head of command. To me, you were starting to understand but then started arguing over me asking you to stop and only providing you with a warning at the time. I explained to you why I was doing it and asked for you to appeal it after checking the rules.

My reasons for declining the appeal, was I had stated.. you were showing no apologetic behavior over your actions, nor seemed to understand why it was applied within the first place. I felt it would of been wrong to tell you to wait a number of days to re-apply, nor did I feel it right to merely give you a slap on the wrist with a bare minimum appeal. After discussing it with Shock, I decided to give you time to both go over all the chat logs, your actions and the rules by asking for you to reappeal tomorrow with more information.

My reasons for applying the Discord ban was for breaking Discord Rules, and ignoring a warning that two admins (Myself and Shock) had told you.

Acknowledgement of wrongdoing or disputing of:

I do dispute this complaint. I have only been enforcing the rules and been trying to make you understand what you had done wrong, trying to guide you towards a proper way of seeing your actions in a new light.

Edited by Abydos
Cleared up some confusing words

But I had showed apologetic behaviour. I had apologized and I had admitted that what I did was wrong.

In my appeal I had admitted that I agreed with you in large part.

I understood why I was bwoinked and I told you that.

My main contention was that I had trouble seeing it as full-on validhunting, and while my disposition might have been an antagonistic one, my goal was to clarify to myself the scope of the rules.

"Yes I understand that this was wrong on my part, but wait, validhunting? Are you sure?"

That is why I continued after the warning. I am fine with the warning. I see how my actions couldve affected others game. I moved on to further clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

You were told to wait a day before reposting an appeal.

You were not denied an opportunity to explain yourself further. You were told to wait 24 hours.

Reading you appeal, I would have denied it as well. Shooting people with holywater, is indeed, "full on" valid hunting.

If you want to look for antags, we have an entire department for that.

Complaint is without merit and resolved.

• Abydos locked this topic