Construct Balance Change

Leanfrog

So a little while back I was thinking how if you get soul stoned by a cultist or a wizard you have no chance of ever getting back into the round again my proposal is this.

Soul stones no longer dust bodies they are used on, instead the body is left behind in an unrevivable state.

Using a soul stone filled with a matching soul will return the soul to the body allowing them to be revived again.

Upon death constructs and shades will drop a "Soul Fragment" which can be used on the victim's body to restore it.

This would still allow a player to return to the round after being the victim of a stoning, now obviously there's the issue of people running to their deaths as a construct so that they can get fixed but just like how shadowling thralls aren't allowed to let themselves be deconverted this would be something that has to be enforced.

All in all I feel like this would overall make being a construct less of a shit experience as you still can return to the round again afterwards.

• Like 2

I don't really see the need to add a revive method on top of another revive method. Honestly, you're pretty lucky if you even get sharded most of the time, because if you die, you're likely not coming back into the round anyways by that point. 

(Also 4000 posts oh fuck) 

• Like 2

Noted, though I've seen a handful of rounds where people are sharding before the final push for the summon rune. 

Obviously when this applies to wizard rounds it doesn't really matter but I was thinking more for when cultists start to shard a number of crew members, effectively removing them from the round entirely with no chance to return to what they were doing, at least with being a cultist you can still in theory play the game normally and simply support the cult with your mere presence. I didn't point this out in the OP but more often than not I've made or seen constructs almost hindering the cult because they get all pissy that they don't get to play the game normally anymore.

Man, I rant too much

I do agree there should be a chance to revive sharded crew members, especially since these are usually security staff.

Cultists get protection when captured, if they don't start teleporting out that is, and if they die, security has to revive them, if circumstances permit, but constructs end up dead and stuck out of the round when dealt with.

Maybe have the constructs drop the brain of their old body when destroyed?

A cult construct could drop a sort of cult-like scroll or glowing soul that functions similarly to a brain; like how a golem's brain is a magic scroll but is still valid to do brain transplants with.

Souls stones do seem to be primarily used as a quick-and-easy way to perma-kill sec officers without the need to stop moving, and the added bonus of getting a powerful construct.
Though now I'm left with a question about the possibility of a soulstone leaving a body with its brain missing, rather than dusting it completely.

This is kinda off-topic, but I feel like the Artificer should have a way of eating runed metal to reduce the cooldowns on the Artificer and Summon Soul Stone spells.

Also, usually, sharding is a far easier way of getting a convert than actually converting, if you have decent weapons.

Edited by MrMagolor
Info on easy-ness

Okay, to respond to the two posts about the constructs dropping a brain, that was essentially stated in the OP in that the body is left un-revivable state, the constructs on death would essentially drop a brain that doesn't need surgery to re-implant. Also as MrMagolor stated more often than not the stones are used on sec members as the cult effectively has no way of turning them (without going through the hassle of a surgery) as well as being very rewarding to do so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use