Admin complaint: EvadableMoxie

Gaty

Admin(s) Key: EvadableMoxie
Your ckey (Byond username): MRgaty
Your Discord name (if applicable): Gaty

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 25/03/19 15:30h GTM approx

Nature of complaint: feedback

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): I think the ban this administrator issued to me that round wasn't handled correctly.

Full description of events: I was playing captain that round, we had vampires and everything went normally until 1:50:00 time of the round approximatly, when the HoP gave me a crown. At that time we have eliminated all the vampires and nothing was happening so I wanted to have a bit of fun.

I started to act like a medieval king, shouting people that the station was now my kingdom, that they should call me "my dear king", and made some silly announcements about building a guillotine for the people who didn't recognize me as their king, calling them "sinners" and "heretics". Of course the HoS came very worried and started to ask me questions. I told him to call me "my dearest king" and he refused so I battoned him a couple times, then, he tased me and cuffed me.

Minutes later when HoS was calling security someone broke into bridge and started throwing a ton of tomatoes with teslium, which stunned the HoS and allowed the mime steal-your-pens ,who was playing my gimmick, to enter and rescue me. 

When he uncuffed me I started to shout HoS that I was the king, that he was a heretic, etc... when CC made an announcement telling me that I was in fact not a king and told me to stop acting like an idiot or they will come for me. Of course, that sounded very exciting so I continued with my "kingdom" and the mime told me to prepare an assault. He gave me a computer and asked for extra access, which I did not give with the excuse of "not knowing how to use that ancient artifact". 

Suddenly CC demoted me and the HoS along with the AI worked together to bring me to HoP, we fought a bit with tasers and disablers while the mime was hacking the maints door of the garden that the AI bolted. We successfully escaped and the mime grabbed me to secure storage, while I was opening him the doors. 

There, a bald guy with a black jumpsuit (who turns out was denthamos) armed with an admin weapon killed me and the mime, grabbed me, threw me into the incinerator and enabled it.

Then evadable made another patrol of baldies and told them to find me (alive if possible) along with the NAD.

Now here comes the reason of this complaint:

The ban reason was: "As Captain, declared themselves King of the station and acted foolish such that the HoS was prompted to contact CentCom. When told to knock it off he escalated, taunting CentCom. When demoted, went rogue, fought off the HoS, made announcements via laptop before killing himself in the incinerator"

Even if I can understand why that could be considered a breach in the rules, there are parts that are not entirely true.

"made announcements via laptop" this is not entirely true, I did not use the laptop at all for the same reason I did not give the mime extra access, I told the mime that I didn't know which kind of artifact was that and I did not use that laptop. The mime also made a hole in bridge windows where the comms console is. Probably I left the console logged in and someone made an announcement using that hole to access the console.

"before killing himself in the incinerator" I already clarified this with evadable via discord pm, so it's okay. As I said above, Evadable or denthamos sent a bald guy with a black jumpsuit and an admin weapon to kill me. That guy was the one who threw me into the incinerator.

And now, I have an issue with how I was told to knock it off. I did not receive an admin pm telling me that, but CC made an IC public announcement telling me to stop being a dork, which of course I'm not gonna take as seriously as an OOC admin pm. 

I couldn't identify that I was going too far and I thought my acts were okay for the admins OOCly. 

I also was not informed about my ban, neither when I was able to appeal and I don't know if that's something necessary but It felt unfair when I discovered that Evadable silently banned me from being captain, rounds later when I was configuring the job preferences.

In conclusion, I can understand why a jobban was put in place, but the way such ban was handled left me very unsatisfied.

I apologize for the inconveniences and thanks to evadable and denthamos for attending my discord pms, I hope we can successfully solve this.

Edited by Gaty
Fixing my broken english, adding new information.

Your ckey: Possun
Your Discord name: Possun

Involvement in incident: Mime mentioned above, Steals-Your-Pens.

Agreement/disagreement with described events:

I can definitely agree the ban wasn't handled as well as it should have been.

I was the mime in this position, and went along with the situation due to the fact that there had been no vampires around for an hour, and the round was about ten-fifteen minutes from ending.

I can also say that while A.M.A. was being silly, they refused to give me all access, and never intended or dealt harm toward any crew. If anything, I ended up encouraging their narrative, and it really wouldn't have gone as far as it did without me being a part of this situation. I'm very sorry, but at the time, I honestly didn't even realize everything wasn't okayed by the admins, and neither did Gaty.

I can also attest to Gaty's character. I've never really spoken with them much, IC or otherwise, but they go captain semi-frequently as far as I remember. They're always competent, good at organizing the other heads of command, and while they can be silly sometimes, they've always acted mindful about the people around them.

While I understand the sentiment of the jobban, someone doing something like this should really be warned via ahelp at some point before a jobban is put in place, not pointed at as a 'you should have known not to do this'. Centcomm is a very IC feature, and it's hard to determine if the action you're taking is actually an offense that could result in a jobban, as Central Command entirely a part of the narrative and not an OOC warning, and can often be taken as advancing or encouraging a narrative.

Edited by robo

Hi there,

From looking over the situation here, it appears that as a Captain, you committed mutiny. In a completely insane manner - referring to yourself as a King.

This goes against many of our rules - self antagging, of course. There are additional standards expected of command staff - captain especially, and not mutinying against CC is one of the top of the list there. Going insane and declaring yourself king and getting demoted is expected of even a cargo tech. The Captain is very much expected not to do so.

The specifics of whether it was done with a laptop or console, or how you ended up dying or not, isn't really the issue here. It seems @EvadableMoxie has cleared up some of the details of the actual ban reason. Laptop can be editted out - it's really not the issue here. e

No PM should be necessary to tell you to knock this off. This should be covered by common sense. When you're told ICly by Centcomm - the people with the deathsquads, nukes, and blue space cannons - to stop acting like a "king" and committing mutiny, an admin PM shouldn't be necessary to tell you that it wasn't reverse psychology, trying to encourage you to act that way.

The very fact you couldn't tell your actions were going to far is...frankly very worrying. 

If you were playing D&D, and decided to declare yourself as a Space Captain, to the extent the real king - who had a bunch of death-squids, magitech-nukes, and a astral-realm cannon - was telling you to get back on with your job of being adventurers, I think most people would get the hint they're going to far. 

I'm not sure why you're saying you're not able to appeal. You're currently appealing another ban you've since received. I'm not at all sure how it is "unfair" for Moxie to take some time to apply this ban either. This may be a first where an admin complaint has complained that you weren't banned fast enough however....and I do agree. 

So I guess this does have some merit - @EvadableMoxie - in future, should a captain go rouge and declare themselves king, feel free to BSA and jobban them right after CC tells them to knock it off. 

Apart from that, I don't see any merit to this complaint. Resolved.

• Thanks 1
  • stunbaton 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use